UK Mobile Lotto / sms lottery scam

1 Norway Review updated:

First of all! I live in Norway!. Why am I getting sms scams from the UK!?
I recieved this sms 8 o'clock this morning: "Congratulations!!! Your cellphone number won £2 million pounds in the Mobile Uk Promo. Promo code: UKMBL. To claim send email to: claim@ukmobilelottouk.com"

I called the number to ask why they contacted me...only answering machine!!!
I checked the number from the sender of the sms on google. check it out!: http://www.workbidder.ie/users/adhome/ ITs a freaking contracting business!! nothing to do with lotto what so ever!
if u need pic of this sms answer me on this thread.

More UK Mobile Lotto Complaints & Reviews

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2010

I got the same message this morning, i thought it was weird when i live in Norway and found the same thing you did. I didnt call because i dont trust things like this. I really dont understand how it's possible for those who send this message to send it to people in Norway. Im glad that i found out that i should check the number before i did anything about it.

Now i know that i'm not the only one in Norway who got this message, guess it's more people here too that got this, i hope no one of them send a mail because it's definitely a trick of some kind. Cant trust this.

• Ra
      22nd of Dec, 2010

this is 100% scam!!!i live in Lebanon...i got the same exact sms with the same exact promo code!!!is that even possible...i contacted the company and even their lawyer Clare Shirtcliff but they didnt sound trustworthy at all!!!i even contacted my friend who lives in the UK and he said that the rules of the UK lottery is that u have to be from the UK and bought ur card from the UK...even if u bought it online, they check ur I.P. address from the computer or network u were logged into and it definitely should be from the UK. so 100% fraud, scam...whatever u guys wana call it. btw...i continued the procedure untill they asked for 320 pounds for legalization of identity purposes...here is when i took a break!!! good to know there are others like me who were hesitant...but anyway we were minutes away from being billionaires ;) heheh
    cheers guys! good luck for ur next win (legitimate win)

• Sv
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Same message as above, and I also live in Norway. Is it only Norway who got this SMS? I will contact http://www.fraudwatchinternational.com/lottery/.

• Sn
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Got the same message as above SMS, live in Norway same code. This is identity theft or any other kind of fraud. Never reply to sender!!

22nd of Dec, 2010

Glad to see that I'm not the only winner! Don't spend it all in one place, and happy holidays :p

• Sw
      22nd of Dec, 2010

I also received this message by SMS "Congratulations!!! Your cellphone number win GBP 2 million pounds in the Mobile UK Promo. To claim send an email to: claim@ukmobilelottouk.com"and I live in Switzerland. I received this SMS from an Irish number +353 86 0249229

22nd of Dec, 2010

Wow! So I wasn't the only one from Norway who got this stupid SMS today! What do they gain out of it? Alot of frauds out there!

• Ve
      24th of Dec, 2010

Got the exact same Message just some hours ago, also from an irish number 00353860763565 and I also live in Switzerland. Good thing there are blacklist apps for android phones =)

• Vb
      24th of Dec, 2010

Hi all - We just received this message on Christmas morning and we live in Australia :- )

• Uk
      24th of Dec, 2010

ha ha .. i live in UAE and got the same message .. damn it !! i thought i cud use this money for some gifts and stuff for new year :) ... !!!

• Cr
      24th of Dec, 2010

Me too! andd I live in New Zealand... the other side of the world... gee; there does seem to be a lot of winners!!! Do we have do share?? the split wil only be a few pennys!! I bet when you email them they ask for your account details, and then clear it out!!!

• Nz
      24th of Dec, 2010

I also received such a message about 10 minutes ago - live in NZ...a nice holiday spree would be nice, but...

• Rn
      25th of Dec, 2010

Hi All, I just got the same message this xmas morning. Bloody scammers!!

• In
      26th of Dec, 2010

I also recived this weird message on 24 december. I emediately knew it was a trick, because i live in Croatia, and how da hell they know my phone number, i have never been in England. Half of Europe would be millionares if money is distributed that easily. Merry Xmas

• La
      26th of Dec, 2010

I've live in Norway in a town called bergen, and I've also recived this message, telling me I had won 2 Million Pounds. I didn't trust the message, because I'm not participating in a lottery like that. But it made me a bit curious, so I checked the interet to see what this message is all about. Stupid scam. What if I belived in the message, and started jumping around in happiness because I thought I was rich, and later found out it was a scam? That's not nice at all.

• Ve
      4th of Jan, 2011

Hello from Croatia! It seems that it is our turn now ;-) Yesterday I received the same SMS from the same number. True or false? What if...? What shall we do?

vento

• Ro

Germany 06.Jan.2011
    same, same and same
    from +353868237221
    2 million, code UKMBL
    Claim@ukmobilelotto.com
    Don´t answer email adress fishing...

• Ca
      6th of Jan, 2011

I am from Croatia, I also received this message by SMS "Congratulations!!! Your cellphone number win GBP 2 million pounds in the Mobile UK Promo. To claim send an email to: claim@ukmobilelottouk.com". I received this SMS from number +353 86 8237221
    If anybody can explain what means that? just scam or UK lottery has something with that?

23rd of Jul, 2018

@caccone I'm just trying to find out if I have been a winner of the Lotto. I have been sent a message to say that I am a winner. Please let me know what to do now.

• Av