[Resolved] Tutorooawaiting refund for 2 paid classes which were not given

I paid for 2 classes through Tutoroo up-front. Then after choosing a tutor, they let me know she was not longer available. After that, they offered me other options and when I chose one they asked me to change my location of choice (from my home to somewhere public). If your tutors are not comfortable meeting at people homes...DO NOT GIVE THIS OPTION. Even then, I setup the first class and both the Tutoroo and the Tutor were informed and confirmed. Then they night before I was told the Tutor had something else she needed to do so she would not make it.

After this whole process I saw how unprofessional this service is in management and so I asked for a refund. I was asked to provide a PayPal account for them to refund me on October 26th. It is now November 26th and I have NOT received my refund. I have written them to checkup and all they say is that it's being processed. They NEVER reach out to me with updates, I am the one who has to write them.

I have even written their manager Nicole Vanhove to try to get this resolved. I have also written them through their site and after asking for my details, they have not reached out. This company has no Customer Service number or anyone you can actually speak with for any issues. It's all on Whatsapp which absolutely terrible service. I paid 80 GBP which is quite a lot of money for two classes and for them it means NOTHING.

• Resolution statement

Hi, thank you for sharing your story.

It has been since TUTOROO works in continuously improving their service and I am happy to inform you that now, TUTOROO does not only communicate via WhatsApp but have also added a live chat feature on their website: www.tutoroo.co. Email notifications are also added for both tutors and students (TUTOROO Messenger).

We cannot prevent having tutors reschedule prior to their lesson time, so it is encouraged that both parties constantly communicate with each other. However, in the event that the tutor can no longer accommodate the student, TUTOROO ensures they introduce you to another reliable tutor.

TUTOROO Team constantly checks on the availability of their tutors and for sure non-responsive ones before have been paused and removed from the website by now.

Refund process usually takes about 20-30 days, so I would personally opt to choosing another tutor instead and building a good rapport to ensure smooth work-relations. Nevertheless, I presume you that have already received your 80GBP refund.

Feel free to check on TUTOROO again and you'll be happy with the changes. Have a lovely day! :)

Hi, thank you for sharing your story.

It has been since TUTOROO works in continuously improving their service and I am happy to inform you that now, TUTOROO does not only communicate via WhatsApp but have also added a live chat feature on their website. Email notifications are also added for both tutors and students (TUTOROO Messenger).

• Tutoroo Customer Care's Response, Sep 13, 2019

It has been since TUTOROO works in continuously improving their service and I am happy to inform you that now, TUTOROO does not only communicate via WhatsApp but have also added a live chat feature. Email notifications are also added for both tutors and students in their TUTOROO Messenger.

Dn