Tshwane Municipality / Incorrect Meter billing

email: frogg@icon.co.za

YOUR REFERENCE [protected]

RE: INCORRECT METER ALLOCATED TO ACCOUNT [protected]

Dear Sir/Madam

I am in receipt of a final demand for non-payment for account [protected], erf 000728, namely 185 Hay Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria.

I would like to inform you that I have phoned your offices on two occasions, and been to see a supervisor on one occasion, and was issued with the reference number above. ([protected])

My current electricity account is allocated to Meter 95-2234. This is incorrect. This Meter belongs to my neighbour, Mr Jacques van der Merwe, of 187 Hay Street.

My current water has not been allocated with a Meter number.

The correct Meter numbers for my premises are as follows: Electricity - 89/3023, Water 4755.79

I would like to once again, request an Inspector of the Municipality to visit the premises of 185 Hay Street to sort out this mix-up, and refuse to pay my account, until the correct meter numbers have been allocated to my account, as I do not see why I have to pay for my neighbour's electricity.

I was informed by your supervisor that the Meter Inspectors would contact me, so that I can show them exactly where the correct Meter for my premises is positioned.

I am happy to pay for electricity and water that I have used and which have been read from the correct meters. (Electricity - 89/3023, Water 4755.79)

Your urgent attention to this matter would be appreciated, as I would like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Tess Whitlie.

Comments

Vu
  26th of May, 2010

VJ Mahlangu
Account Number 5001638015
294 Van Den Berg Street
Westview
Telephone: 0743680992
Home: 012 386 8232
Email: vusimah@gmail.com

RE: Wronglfully charged as a final demand fee for month April 2010.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am in receipt of an invoice statement that you sent to me on May this year 2010 for the services of April 2010.

I would like to inform you that I have phoned your offices with no succes to reach relevant personnel in your department and have also written emails to customercare@tshwane.gov.za and never got even a single response, then I went to talk to the customer help desk that the services fee invoiced on April 2010 for the services of March 2010 which was R665 was paid on the 7 April 2010 but the problem is that your deparment started sending me sms that theydemanded that I pay that amount as it was in arreas which was not true.
At your offices, they rectified that problem after realisisng that they did recieve the money which was deposited on the 7 April 2010.

I was suprised this month (May 2010) to see on my invoice statemnt sent by your offices that I was charge a final demand fee of R80 by your department for failing to pay on time last month for the services rendered in March.Now this clearly shows to me that there is quiet a lack excellency in service rendering by your department because this is not the first time that your department has done this and I wonder as to whether how many people have suffered and are still suffering under the hands of such people who do such poor administration work. My worry is that until when will such thing s continue or what must happen for such things to stop.

Yours sincerely