True.com / RICO Claims

1 Irving, TX, United States Review updated:

In the class action lawsuit filed against Irving-based online matchmaking giant True.com, plaintiff's counsel has moved to add RICO claims to the lawsuit. The following excerpt is from the attached motion to amend the complaint:

Specifically, the First Amended Complaint alleges a claim under the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ [protected] ("RICO"). The First Amended Complaint alleges that defendant True Beginnings LLC ("True") committed wire fraud and bank fraud—which are "predicate acts" under RICO—in two ways: (1) through its "auto subscription" function, by submitting Visa and MasterCard charges to financial institutions when the holders of the Visa and MasterCard accounts (namely, True's ex-subscribers) had not authorized those charges; and (2) by engaging in a scheme to defraud Visa and MasterCard by artificially increasing the number of monthly Visa and MasterCard charges, and thus artificially reducing its "chargeback ratio, " through the use of reloadable "gift cards" purchased in the names of True's top executives and their spouses.

Comments

• Cl
      26th of Mar, 2009

These crooks have repeatedly attempted to charge my credit card even though I never even heard of them. Had to cancel my credit card and they are AGAIN be investigated.

WHY ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?

• Je
      12th of Nov, 2009

I also had never even heard of true.com when I was charged. When I called the credit card company they informed me that I had been charged for the previous two months also. Their needs to be a class action lawsuit to stop these people! And again why are they still in business
    Jeff Leopard

• Xs
      30th of Mar, 2011

I am glad I checked this out before subscribing. At this point I completed a profile for free, but did not sign up for anything, not even the free trial. But that was only 3 weeks ago and I have received over 100 emails that say so-and-so is interested in you or so-and-so winked, etc. With so many emails, it became obvious that these are phoney and computer-generated because there are just 5 different varieties and they repeat themselves, just changing the name of the girl. I have kept these emails if anyone needs them to take legal action. Thank you for saving me a huge hassle!