TRS Recovery / Fraud and scam

1 5251 WestheimerHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-366-1049

I had some transactions that accidentally did not go thru and TRS Recovery got involved. They tried to send them thru so often (I am on disability) that we had to close the old account and open a new one. How they got the New Account Number is beyond me, but I could not write checks anywhere except my bank.

On July 16th I called them and said what is the total amount that I owe you to clear this up once and for all my VP at the bank is issuing a cashier's check. I was told $463.51 and given the address to send the payment to. A week later the payment came back and I called and said what is going on this address says undeliverable. They give me another address and I say ok I want to Verify the amount is $463.51. She said hold on then comes back and tells me there are 4 Amazon transactions and 10 NSF fees for a total of $563.51. I tell the VP to cut a new check and give the new address.

On August 12, 2008 I call to see if all payments have been applied and was told that yes they had and that my account was in a positive status. Finally it is over... Not quite on August 16th I order a comforter from Amazon and use my Prepaid Credit Card not even a bank account and when I get to checkout it says my account is on hold. I email and ask why but get no response until 08/28/08 when I get an email to contact TRS Recovery. I call the 1-800- number and I am told I have 2- $30 NSF fee transactions outstanding. I know these were paid by the bank back in December and I emailed the VP to print me out a copy of them.

Comments

• Cy
      15th of Sep, 2008

How strange! I, too, am on disability. I purchased two items totallilng about $47. For some reason, the bank initially okayed by debit card, then refused payment. I was notified by TRS about the problem. I called them immediately upon receipt of their letter. I was asked for the check# that was returned. I told her that I had no check #, it was by debit card. She knew nothing about it, had no information about my owing either Amazon or TRS.

These 2 purchases were made in December of 2007 and January of 2008. I called Amazon customer service numerous times and was told that my account was in good standing. Meanwhile, TRS falsly ran through bank drafts, both numbered 9999, twice a month from April through July. The total charges I paid the bank was about $400. Amazon customer service promised to refund the money if I faxed them my bank statements so they could see the errors that had been made. I was promised that it would be resolved in July, then in August. I phoned Amazon just last week. No one knows where my bank statements are, I got a threatening letter from TRS that I'd better pay them their $25 if I knew what was good for me.
    Then I got another email from Amazon, this time informing me that TRS said the hold on my account was now released.

Hmmm...I have made purchases each month since the initial purchases were made. The woman at customer service was so stupid she asked me if this had anything with a cell phone I attempted to purchase a couple weeks ago for one cent. AT&T turned me down for the payment plan, not Amazon. I was floored that she would take the numbers of the 2 orders from Dec & Jan, then ask if it involved an attempted purchase last week.
    I will never purchase anything from Amazon again!!!

• De
      9th of Mar, 2012

i have the same problem, , what do i do ?