Tri Clear / Unauthorized charge to card & damaged product

I ordered Triclear with the understanding I would pay $6.95 shipping for a free trial. I discovered a charge to my credit card in the amount of $69.95 instead. I received the product in damaged condition, leaking all over the inside of box. We were afraid to use Triclear, unsure of what had happened. I was shocked to see no return address information, nothing about customer service or where to send my return.

I later contacted Triclear's customer service and informed them of the problem. They offered to ship a new product for free and canceled my account, then instructed me to contact them in the event I wanted more... We'll see.

A  6th of Mar, 2007 by
I tried the FREE trial for the cost of shipping, thinking I would be enrolled in a club. If the product didn't work I would simple cancel. Wrong, wrong wrong. They charged my credit card $49.95 for the free trial product two and half weeks later. After talking with Customer Service, after several attempts to reach them, I was told the charge was because I didn't return the FREE trial offer I received. This is a scam and the product doesn't work.
A  12th of Mar, 2007 by
My husband tried the trial offer for $6.95, which was paid, then we were charged an additional $69.95. I called to question this 69.95 charge and I was told I didn't return the trial product so there fore my credit card was charged. This is a deceptive marketing ploy. Presenting Triclear for $6.95 trial, implying that you will get another shipment at the cost of $69.95 and never received it!

This is SCAM! Disgusting, Stay clear!!! Use Proactive it works and the company is honest.
N  13th of Mar, 2007 by
I would like to thank the two people above who took the time to comment on this product. I received a email and almost, almost ordered it however, the first page said "NO COST" and the second page said $6.95. While I was trying to find the truth I found this website.....the TRUTH....Thank you for saving me anywhere from anywhere from 49.95 to 69.95.
A  13th of Mar, 2007 by
I cannot find the web site for tri clear. I was directed to it through a survey i filled out. I need to cancel my subscription to avoid further billing. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!
A  16th of Mar, 2007 by
Here is the number and good luck! 1-800-494-7260
A  18th of Mar, 2007 by
Triclear is a scam, i have tried to call the customer service line several times since getting their number off this page, yet the office is always closed. I called during regular business hours, and also tried their website, I am trying to avoid being charged and can not get in contact with their company. I hope that I am not to late , and need HELP!!
A  19th of Mar, 2007 by
I too was charged $69.95 12 days after receiving my FREE trial of Triclear. I was able to get a customer service rep on the phone and after going round and round about when I got it and how that $69 was because I kept the product, he finally agreed that they would credit me 40$. We'll see if that actually happens. If not I am prepared to call back as many times as needed and I'm thinking about a report to the Better Business Bureau. This company is definitely a scam. The product has not helped my skin at all and in fact has made it bumpy and red. I wish I'd stuck with ProActiv.
A  21st of Mar, 2007 by
I did not hear from you about continuing using your cream. I received another box in the mail today, i will be returning it on Friday. Will you please charged my credit card back. The cream I used did not help my face so I stop using it, someone through away the box so I could send it back. If you could send me a container i would gladly send it back to you. Thank you . It is a shame that the only way you can join anything you have to try a couple of product, all of the thing on the internet are scams, so they can ruin your checking account. I just might have to close my account, because you can keep on charge my bank account.

Could you e-mail if you got this info at ajohnson-77801@peoplepc.com or call me at 979-823-0627 home: work: 979-774-3496, Monday and Wednesday after 1:30p.m. Tuesday and Thursday before 11:30 a.m.
A  10th of Apr, 2007 by
Tri Clear is a definite scam - Don't order, because you will not get your money back!!!! I have had unused product sitting at my house for a few months, I work full-time, and a part-time job plus two children and a house, all taken care of by me. I cannot get Tri-Clear on the phone to return the product that is all unopened because I cannot use it do to an ingredient I am allergic too. The extra money would definitely help. I have a half day off today due to my excellent employer seeing I needed a few hours to myself while the kids are in school. I wanted to get these products send out today, so I could have the money coming in to help with other expenses. I cannot get them on the phone. In Jan. of 07 I changed my bank account to avoid further charges. I still have 3 boxes of unused, undamaged, unopened product at my house. There is not return address, and I have never gotten a person on the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated in this matter, thank you.
N  14th of Apr, 2007 by
Thank you guys for saving my money :) your comments are really helpful i was almost ordering it!!! Proactive is the best and it really works, not as fast as they say but it is working...
N  16th of Apr, 2007 by
You may wish to call up the Better Business Bureau in your respective state and file a complaint (with any receipt you may have, such as a credit card bill listing them). I've done that with another product once and got the company to refund me minus shipping and handling when they were not willing to give me anything before filing the complaint. The Better Business Bureau will mail you a complaint form that is simple and quick to fill out and they contact the other side about it and get back with you on it fairly quick.
Thanks for the advice; i was considering the "free" trial.

N  18th of Apr, 2007 by
Tri Clear advertisement on the Yahoo mail page is too graphic. It is disgusting to see puss-filled zits, close-up. Yuk!
N  19th of Apr, 2007 by

Tri Clear - Beware! Tri Clear charging for free trial!

Was charged 69.95 and only wanted the free trial. I was never sent any additional information on how to cancel any further orders or charges. I want my 70 bucks back!
A  19th of Apr, 2007 by
For anyone still in need of contact information, I found this on the TriClear website:

Contact Customer Service on 1 (800) 494-7260 between 7:00-5:30 PST, Monday through Friday and 7:00am - 3:30 pm on Saturday

TriClear Customer Service
PO Box 1699
Suisun City, CA 94585
N  1st of May, 2007 by

Tri Clear - Charge for something i didn't want!

Recently i was charge $69.00 from tri clear and i never gave them my credit card number and i didn't want there product. I was so upset over this that i got depress over it!!!

They said that they ship to me there product on april 13 2007 and that there was a conformation for it and they lied because i was on vacation from april 7 to april 14 so i never receive any product from this company they are nothing but a big scam. I have lost $69.00 i hope i can get my money back somehow.
A  5th of May, 2007 by
I received I call from them saying if I waited to try tri clear for free and all I was gonna be charged was $6.95. Then I was charged $69.95 on my card. I gave them a call and they said since I got the shipment and didn't cancel before the trial ended I was charged that, but I told them I sent the product back and I wanted my money back.They told me they did receive me package back. So they refused to give me my money back. I was so angry. SO DON'T BUY TRI CLEAR IT IS A SCAM!!!
A  9th of May, 2007 by
Everyone... Please contact the attorney general for the state of ca. If enough people yells & screams. They will be look into and may get charges filed against them. They also use another selling name.
A  9th of May, 2007 by
Contact attorney general for Ca. File a complaint. If enough people will i know charges will be filed.

A  9th of May, 2007 by
I echo all previous comments made. All I wanted was the free trial. I too was charged with the nearly $70 charge ... Buyer beware!
A  11th of May, 2007 by
Beware... Their web site reads: 14 trial with a 30 free supply. When you send it back they charge a restocking fee. Thats not on any of there pages. It's a hoax. Don't walk...but run away fast. You will never be able to cancel this without it costing you. Chance you bank debt # a.s.a.p