Trenitalia / train ticket ripoff
During a recent trip to Europe we (my wife and I) experienced a fine being imposed (100.00 euros) because we failed to validate train tickets before getting on the train. The "conductor" was spoken to by the Italian traveller sitting next to us trying to intercede as we don't speak Italian and the conductor apparently did not speak English. The conductor was rude and abusive to both us and the other passenger. There is no instruction given by the ticket agent when selling us the ticket and no signs or instructions or directions to the validating machine (it too is not identified).
I would like to know if I have any recourse to recovering some or all of this fine.
More Trenitalia Complaints & Reviews
- Trenitalia - Money stolen! 
- Trenitalia - Unjust fines to tourists & locals
- Trenitalia - treatment
- Trenitalia - Fraudulent charge 
- Trenitalia - Rude and uninformative officer
- Trenitalia - Scamming Customers
- Trenitalia - rudeness, terrible treatment.
- Trenitalia - everything is bad
- Tren Italia - Double payment / no refund yet
- www.trenitalia.com - Bad customer satisfaction