Transmission Citi / Warranty

I had my transmission fixed on 9/15/08 all the arrangements were made by transmission citi and it ended it up costing me twice what they initially quoted. Now 7 months later 5/1/2009 I am having
the same problem and I was told that they will only pay 1/2 for parts
and I will have to pay 100% labor this is after a rebuild with only 7 months and 7000 miles, The contact man Gary is nothing more than a rip off artist any who goes thru this company will end up getting ripped off

Comments

• Su
      19th of Aug, 2009

my jeep liberty has been in the shop going on 3 months now.I was directed to take the jeep to Alliance auto service who does transmission work for transmissionciti.com.It needed a major overhaul & was told it would be done in 3 to 5 days.That was on 6/15/09 here it is 8/19/09 & it still is"nt done.I"ve filed a complaint with the Bureau of Auto Repair here in Ca.Transciti&Alliance has been called repeatably with no results from either of them what are my options here.I"ve already paid $1874.92 to proceed with the repairs.Any suggestions out there?

• Al
      31st of Aug, 2009

Moral of the story is, I guess, don't pay in advance. Never heard of such a practice. Hope you get your vehicle back soon. Perhaps a Lawyer's letter is in order.

• Pp
      4th of May, 2010

I contacted transmission citi .Told the my problem that i could get a rebuilt transmission for 1600 dollars . But they told me it sound like on a small problem which would cost 890 at a high of 1197. Two week after sent the transmission in for repairs.Received a email stating the parts were on order. Week late the parts didn't arrive. Called transmission citi they said the parts were not on order that I had to paid them 260 more.then they sent me a bill for 2400+ for me to sign. I call the transmission shop and pull the van to another shop which repair it for 1600. Talk to the owner of the shop. He told me that did not discount his time .And that transmission citi was going to sent a used transmission. I am look for anyone to start a class action suit. f.melfe@charter.net If anyone have the address please contact me at the address so I can have the lawyer sent the paper work.

18th of Aug, 2010

It sounds like everybody has the same story about this company. I was told the same thing about my truck. That it will cost no more than $1197 before I paid the $897 so I thought it will be a good deal. Then I got a phone call that it will cost me another $2000 to have fix. They tried to explain to that I more hard parts damage. I called the transmission shop and the lead Mech. said they are a rip off the will try and get more money from you. I called transmission citi to try and get my truck out they said it will cost me another $580 to get it out I was furious .I asked them what happened to my deposit Jocye, Gary, and Kevin said it was non refundable because the shop has already took it apart. I called the shop back and asked them why would it cost me $580 to put it back together, he said we never took it apart we just ran a diagnostic on it., I was like WOW they just lied to me. I contacted my lawyer to try and get a refund but I don't have a address for them. If any one has a address please send it to my email. pillow53@gmail.com

• Gr
      2nd of Sep, 2010

First of all...they only accept CASH deposit into their bank account, they don't tell you this upfront. Also, the deposit is non-refundable and is required prior to opening your tranny and repairing it, not upfront about this either. This price is between $890-1100 approx.
    Please read the other complaints, my situation is going much like theirs (not good and not cheap).
    If you've already contracted with them, you can't get your vehicle back until they get their money. Then you will have to pay for the shops costs, which will be another $200-400. The deposit is for Tranone not the shop!
    Lastly, the shop is not allowed to talk to you about; the cost, the problem, or the repair that is needed.
    DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!!!
    THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau.