Total UK / fake job offering with a interview in london - linkedin job posting

1 São Paulo, Brazil Review updated:

I recieved an e-mail from Total UK on April 12th, 2016 with a Project Manager Job offering and the invitation to a presential meeting in London with three attached files with job description, letter of invitation and tavel information. The files has official Total logotype. The interview is booked on May 30th, 2016 and I dialed from Brazil to Daniel Ohio, the Flicka Travel contact person informed in the message. I received another e-mail from Flicka Travel with more detailed travel instructions to do a MoneyGram in amount around 900 USD.

Today I found this webpage with another similar complaints. I will contact Mrs. Anne Rogers by LinkedIn Inmail in order to inform to her about this. Her name were used to assign the Total e-mail that I received. I will contact LinkedIn to advise them also.

I didn´t do the MoneyGram requested and didn´t share more than my personal contact information. This complaint record is only to alert another people about it.

Please, find below the e-mails that I received and the response e-mails that I sent. I attached also the embeded files that I received and the confirmation letter that I sent, both converted into the .png format.

Thanks and Regards.

+ [protected]
azfcayres@gmail.com

From: HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Date: 2016-04-12 4:22 GMT-03:00
Subject: RE: APPLICATION FOR PROJECT MANAGER
To: azfcayres@gmail.com

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for Monday, 30th of May, 2016 at TOTAL UK, One Euston Square, 40 Melton Street, NW1 2FD, London, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database as "ACCEPTED"and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is BJI20X47YH, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

However, like every other Oil & Gas company, the following are the roles expectation from you as a Project Manager. As a Project Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the overall successful of delivering a project, reaching set targets both safely and correctly. You also must possess a combination of skills including the ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management skills and you must be able to perform effectively within tight time-scales, keep within strict budgets and create a positive client environment such that clients become/remain in a good relationship throughout the contract.

Furthermore, you will be expected to support the development of the leadership, both on-site and back in the offices. You will also need to organize the best team possible to complete the project, whilst training and teaching the employees towards the companies core values. Encouragement of excellence and quality in work will lead to a great reputation among clients. Below is a list of important roles/responsibilities expected of a Project Manager by TOTAL UK.

* As a Project Manager, you are responsible for planning the delivery of the project at hand.

* Manage the day-to-day working, utilization, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.

* Report progress on projects by suitable media to sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.

* Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.

* Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.

* Co-ordinate required support levels and training.

* Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.

Finally, our primary reason for requesting for your physical presence is to have our chief project manager have a one on one interview with you and ensure you posses the aforementioned qualities and also have you familiarize yourself with the company structure as well as a recap on past and upcoming project after which a date for your training in 2016 will be made known to you, giving you sufficient time to notify your current company of these changes in your employment should you currently

Anne Rogers,
TOTAL Oil & Gas UK
One Euston Square, 40 Melton Street,
NW1 2FD, London, United Kingdom.
Tel: +[protected]
Fax: +[protected]

From: Andrea Zoqui de Freitas Cayres
Date: [protected]:45 GMT-03:00
Subject: Re: APPLICATION FOR PROJECT MANAGER
To: hr@uk-total.com, hr@uk-totalrecruitment.com

Dear All

I am pleased to confirm my presence in the interview in Total Uk on May 30th, 2016. I certify that I initiated the contact with Daniel Ohio from Flicka Travel Limited to proceed with the organization of the travel.

I inform you that I read the attached files titled “Travel Information”, “Job Description” and “Invitation Letter” in email that I received from Total and I agree with its contents.

I am honored to receive this opportunity to share my skills and competencies are consistent with the Project Manager job vacancy on Total.

I am also look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

Date: [protected]:22 GMT-03:00
Subject: Re: Travel Requested byTotal UK for Mrs. Andrea Cayres
To: Andrea Zoqui de Freitas Cayres

Dear Andrea Cayres,

Thank you for contacting Flicka Travel.

Kindly download and view the attached documents associated with this email for more information about your visa application and requirements, securing a fight ticket for your trip as well as for your hotel reservation.

Please ignore the visa requirement section if your citizenship permits your entry into the United Kingdom without a visa.

Yours truly,
Fax: +[protected]
Email: reservations@flickatravel.co.uk
Website: www.flickatravel.co.uk

Flicka TRAVEL LIMITED / COMPANY REG NO [protected] / VAT NO [protected]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information intended only for the person(s) named above.If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from us, including any attachments, without disseminating, distributing or making a copy. Any unauthorized review; use or disclosure is prohibited. Thank you.

From: Andrea Zoqui de Freitas Cayres
Date: [protected]:00 GMT-03:00
Subject: Travel Requested byTotal UK for Mrs. Andrea Cayres
To: reservations@flickatravels.co.uk

Hi Daniel,

I´m Andrea Cayres from Brazil. Today, I received a letter of invitation for a business travel to London requested byTotal Holding UK Limited.

Phone: +[protected]
mobile: + [protected]
e-mail: azfcayres@gmail.com

Please, find attached also the travel information letter that I received. Please, contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

An
Apr 13, 2016

Comments

• Ri
      14th of Apr, 2016

Hello Andrea!
    Thank you for sharing. I received the same e-mail, with the same details, the same Applicant ID, same interview date, everything. My first impression was "Wow, amazing job, amazing opportunity, amazing company, amazing city". I printed all attachments, read it carefully, and they seemed to be very very very real and unbelievable!
    Then I sent an e-mail to Travel Agency, and received exactly the same e-mail with the same attachments, and again, I printed them to read it carefully.
    As I am always suspicious I decided to investigate in further and, of course, found several references to the fraud and also this topic from you.
    Thank God I did not transferred any fund to this "travel agency".
    Thank you for sharing! Let's share to the most people we can so then these gangsters can be caught somehow.
    Wish you all the best and good luck! Always suspect on these unreal opportunities!

Ricardo Guedes

19th of Apr, 2016

Hi Friends,
    today I received the same email and at the first sight it seemed to be perfect! But I did not remember to have applied for a Job in UK. Other strange thing was to be invited for an interview without any previews contact by telephone or skype to make sure about candidate skills. Anyway, as an IT person, I arrived at home and checked out part of the text in Google to make sure there was any comment about it.

It was not a surprised, when I saw many people reporting fraud!

Well... LESSON LEARNED... There´s no free lanche, right?

Best regards,
    Marcia Pitta

21st of Apr, 2016

Hello Guys,

I received the same mail today. For moment "WoW".
    Then I noticed that Hotmail received the mail in Junk Folder with a note: "This message looks suspicious to our SmartScreen filters and we'll delete it after ten days."
    Preferred to google it before replying or proceed for any action, I searched for "Anne Rogers TOTAL Oil & Gas UK" then found this post. Am just wondering how they were able to use Total Linkedin Account to post the job. Also if you see they are having the same job post for many countries.
    Anyway thanks for sharing.

Regards.
    Said T. Fawaz

• At
      27th of Apr, 2016

Hello,
    I have received the same email at 21st of April here in Greece.
    I had applied via Linkedin for a job vacancie for Project Manager in total UK and they have used the name of "Anne Rogers"
    I will try to contact her in order to confirm the above.

Thanasis Fourtounas

• Lo
      28th of Apr, 2016

Yep recieved the the same job interview from TOTAL, one was for US and another one is for UK. Unbelievable, these people. They are taking advantage of the current oil and gas job losses.

• Na
      3rd of May, 2016

Hello,

I received the same email from Total as well with the same details, however of a different scheduled interview date : June 7, 2016.
    Since I am an expatriate living in the United Arab Emirates, we do require a visa permit to enter the UK. I called the embassy to ask and discuss on how to obtain my visit visa to the UK to have my interview, and that's where they were questioning the whole process and made do my research on this topic. This is where I found a lot of people posting it as a fraud message.

Listen learned, do your homework first, and definitely don't call the British embassy as a first step and sound weird :)

• Na
      3rd of May, 2016

Hello,

Lesson learned, do your homework first, and definitely don't call the British embassy as a first step and sound weird :)

• Ah
      10th of May, 2016

Dear all,
    Same set of emails received. It is unbelievable to have the following great firms fake (Linkedin - Total Oil&Gas- Flicka Travels- Money Gram Transfer).

I am very interested to know what serious reactive measures taken against this fraud emails.

• Va
      11th of May, 2016

This week I received the same email! It is an absurd! Someone needs to block or to do anything. Fortunately, I researched about this vacancy and founded this informations here.
    Thanks for your time!
    Good look for us!

• Ki
      26th of May, 2016

I too received the same kind of mail.

Thanks,

• Va
      27th of May, 2016

Hello everybody,

I received similar email signed by Monica Rodriguez and when I sent email at Flicka Travel a person named Daniel Ohio replied asking me several documents and an amount of 483, 87 euros. Several days ago I had applied for a position in Total through Linkedin. All adresses seem correct however.

6th of Jun, 2016

Thank you for posting this...

27th of Jun, 2016

Hello everyone,

I received similar email signed by Monica Rodriguez, with Travel agent at Flicka Travel as George Banquest. I did apply for a position with Total Oil & Gas on LinkedIn, only difference I can make is the jobs which these fraudsters are posting on LinkedIn doesn't have Total Logo and the logo on offer letters are blurry. Like everyone mentioned here its an unbelievable work they have put together to trap job seekers especially in this environment.

• Ju
      28th of Jul, 2016

Just now i got the same series of platforms, even though i applied the same position as well and after 3 days i recieved this very hot opportunities but now instead of total uk it is shell uk this time undersigned by natasha foster. This gangsters are really amazing, they makes my day super crazy.!!! Well, as a usual precautions i do my homework, take time to have a backgroud checks and now i got it, its all a big fraud. How we can F this suckers???

3rd of Aug, 2016

Hello Guys! I received the same email as bellow. Although I applied for this company, I did not expect to have it all ready and shortlisted that fast!
    As soon as I read your comments I understood that it was a fraud and I will not contact them.

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for Friday, 23rd of September, 2016 at Shell U.K. Limited, Shell Centre London, SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database as "ACCEPTED"and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is SJ6L9419, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

However, like every other Oil & Gas company, the following are the roles expectation from you as a Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.

Furthermore, you will be expected to develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management. Below is a list of important roles/responsibilities expected of a Project Engineer by Shell U.K. Limited.

* As a Project Engineer, you are responsible for controling project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.

* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

* Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.

Natasha Foster,
    Fax: +44 847 934 1234

• Ss
      8th of Aug, 2016

Hello every one!
    I have recieved the same fraudulent email, in name of Natasha Foster... who seems to work on Australia at SHELL company (like linkedin said.. who knows if that's true). This time the email has been sent from rh@uk-shell.com (seriously sems to be real, but not at all).
    I looked for the domain of this email and found an active page... but empty.

First: Only go to the official applying program, for every job seeking.

• Ju
      12th of Aug, 2016

Hello, I received the same email in name of Natasha Foster. In this case, they are using Phelix Travel as travelling agency and George banquest as a traveller consultant. They sent 3 documents attached with SHELL UK Logo and they requested a deposit in advance via Money Gran por Western Union. Unfortunately, I didn't read your post.

• Me
      17th of Aug, 2016

I received the "same" email in my SPAM FOLDER, and since I am actively looking for work I looked at it and researched it...This one was supposedly from Shell-UK...which of course is NOT REAL...here's the email, almost verbatim of the ones above...I did NOT open any attachments and suggest that no one else does either.

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for Friday, 14th of October, 2016 at Shell U.K. Limited, Shell Centre London, SE1 7NA, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database as "ACCEPTED"and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is SJ6L972J, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Natasha Foster,
    Fax: +44 847 934 1234

• Ko
      17th of Aug, 2016

Hi guys
    I received the same email but from fake shell company

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2016

Hello, guys!
    I recieved this e-mail scam job!
    It's unbelieveble! This is the second e-mail scam job in this year!
    Watch out, guys! If the company is REALLY interested in you, the first contact would be a phone call, don't you agree?

Sincerelly