Total Contact Solutions / ILD Teleservices / false billing; ID theft

1 PO Box 2235FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-568-6365; 877-269-8725

Just like the other complaint about this bogus company, I noticed that ny phone bill jumped up by about $15 one month, and at very end of bill there was a charge for "ILD Teleservices" for $14.95. I had no idea what this was/had never heard of such a thing. So called the number listed on my bill for questions and was told by a very snitty woman that I had signed up for this service and she had a specific date and time (although the time changed when she repeated it to me minutes later). When I told her I had never heard of this service/company and had certainly not signed up she said the only way I could prove that and get a refund was to get my internet service provider to send me an email confirming that the "sign-up IP address" Total Contact Solutions had on file for me was not mine. She was very quick to allow me to cancel the services, however. When I contacted my internet service provider (also my telephoen company) I was told that such a confimration was impossible, that they don't store these numbers and that they are randomly assigned and you don't have just 1 (they're generated when your modem is turned on/off). The fact that on the TCS site they have a page devoted to "why did I get billed for this" seems to speak volumes. (that page content and URL are below). My phone company put a block on my acount such that third party billers can't bill to my phone bill (I never knew about such a thing) - suggest everyone requests it.

Why Did I Get Billed

I didn't order this service why is this charge on my phone bill?

First, YOU ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THESE CHARGES if you did not sign up or don't want our service. We have a 'No Questions Asked' cancellation policy. If you wish to cancel immediately, click here or please call [protected].

EmployeeNotificationServices, LLC markets EXCLUSIVELY on the Internet using Marketing Agents who in turn use a variety of resources to obtain enrollments in our service.

We validate ALL customers by sending a Confirmation Email and checking phone numbers by using a number of industry services. Sometimes things go awry. Here are some of the reasons a charge appeared on your Phone Bill.

Sc

Comments

• Do
      13th of Jan, 2011

A total scam! It took a month to resolve. I never heard of this company and never signed up for any such service - they billed me for 13 months. I sent letters to the BBB in my state and in Florida, my Attorney General's office, the FTC as well as my Public Service Utility Commission - after 4 weeks I was notified by my phone company that Total Contact Solutions had issued a full credit. Don't let these people get away with this! I also found out later, my telephone company was supposed to have issued a credit and gone after the company themselves, even though they were totally worthless in resolving the dispute.

• Do
      13th of Jan, 2011

And by the way, the "validation" the previous poster refers to is bogus too...the only think correct on the so-called validation was name/address/phone # which can be obtained from any place - The rest of the information was INCORRECT