Toonstorm / Sold my a banned account

AL, China Review updated:
2.4

Toonstorm sold me a banned account, refused to pay back money, and then filed a dispute on the account I sold them. When I tried to contact support they told me they can't speak english and disconnected.

AVOID TOONSTORM.com FRAUD COMPANY

Comments

To
  15th of Nov, 2007
This is a fake complaint against the Toonstorm site by competitors... As you can see, the complaint makes no sense...

In the first place, that user is saying we "stole" the account that he sold us. Then, why would he retrieve the account? The banning part as well doesn't make sense either, nor mentioning his "friend"...

Our chat is always available and we don't just close it down on people. We always make sure to find an agreeable solutions to all customers.

We offer a 100% security guarantee and separate ourselves from the competition by offering a higher level of security both when buying and selling accounts. (we are currently the only ones helping customers to create new accounts and transfer characters to their safe new account).
Un
  17th of Nov, 2007
I had the same situation with this company, however I may have fixed the problem, we will see after blizzard support gets back with me.
Mr
  18th of Nov, 2007
I have bought a couple of accounts from these guys and a few of my friends have as well. No problems at all and frankly, their CS is much better than other game selling sites. We love the security measures these guys use. I wouldn't risk my money at another site.
Un
  18th of Nov, 2007
Joe,

Lucky you, I had the same problems as these others, bought an account that later got banned. I have been told they are based in china. I think the issue is they dont sell you accounts that are banned, but they later get banned.
Bo
  10th of Dec, 2007
Thats why you buy the account...then transfer the character to a new account....
Al
  13th of Dec, 2007
No idea about buying the account, but I just got done with selling my account. It wasnt the speediest transaction as they had to go through and verify a whole bunch of stuff, I was definitely getting nervous about being scammed while waiting all the different times but 1 hour later and the money is in my bank account. I'd definitely recommend this site.
Ja
  17th of Dec, 2007
I purchased an account from them recently, and blizzard deactivated it because they said I was associated with breaking in game economy. I cannot seem to get toonstorm to email me back regarding this issue but as of right now I am out of an account.
To
  21st of Dec, 2007
First i offered to sell my account to toonstorm, and i failed thier security team's approval but thier CS rep. didnt even bother to let me know whats going on.. so i try again and it takes 30 minutes for them just to let me know after i fail i am not eligible for selling the account anymore..

Alright that was understandable.. they have to keep security measures, they could have been straight up about it and let me know rightaway intead of wasting my time but hey, thats thier own policy.

Later after i sold my account to a website with superior CS and got that over with.

I wanted to buy an account from the toonstorm website later on and turns out i cant do that either.. when i ask why i was put in the security block list, i get no answer. I wonder why after getting listed on thier security list JUST FOR BEING HESITANT TO LET THEM KNOW MY HOME ADDRESS after filling out a form which already told them that.. even though they use an automatic answering system (they have procedural answers to your questions) thier human touch is very lacking in thier CS.

VERY VERY poor customer service. could have been avoided if i was provided with straight-forward answers and not with ###ed preschool level answers.

**this is not an attempt by any competitors as Toonstorm would claim, that is why i didnt mention the website i went to that provided human Customer Service which was far superior**
Sw
  23rd of Dec, 2007
DO NOT USE!!!! They are worthless people. Trust me after 3 hours they could not even verify who I was? WTF does that mean? Do we need to give DNA samples so ###s can prove you are who you say you are? If they can't handle online sales issues they should not be selling and or buying accounts. Real amature people at best, at worst... a bunch of ###s. Any one can charge back or refute a charge, get use to it!!! It's a gamble we all take, like identity theft when giving overly large amounts of info to strangers in China.
Mr
  2nd of Jan, 2008
These guys take the time to make sure that we dont lose our accounts in the long run. I wish all sites actually cared about what happened after the sale as much as these guys did. 3 accounts bought so far and not a single problem with each one. Better yet, the way they make you protect your account is well worth the money spent versus losing your account like I read about happening so often.
Mi
  4th of Jan, 2008
Joe you are a complete liar. You are probabaly the company itself trying to defend itself. Like RB above, this company is so terrible. They are slow, chinese, and clearly cannot handle customer service with issues like mine. I bought an account, they tried to transfer it but could not, and refused to refund my order saying the transaction was complete. I will be disputing with my cc holder shortly, I have had enough. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM TOONSTORM
Ja
  12th of Jan, 2008
I sold a 70 warrior to them, took about an hour to work everything out, money is in my paypal minutes after a verify phone call, the process is sorta slow, but its got me off wow, and $210 Australian in my pocket, im happy. I would recommend, if not for buying accounts, selling them was safe for me.
Ha
  18th of Jan, 2008
Wow; suprised to hear this; I bought an account for myself AND my son; not only did we get it REALLY quick but they were exactly as listed on the site...
I was really impressed with their service...i actually found this article because I forgot the exact URL and I was going to get my wife an account...so i typed in toonstorm; haha
well this article will not detour me from purchasing from them again

it is absolutely amazing service and GREAT accounts!
Si
  19th of Jan, 2008
Harold, you are a lucky one. I had many issues with this company from the time I went to their live chat, to the time I ordered, to the time I still have not got my account. If toonstorm looks over this Please deliver my account, I have asked over and over, I haven't done anything wrong, but it's been weeks. My suggestion is anyone who buys from this site, don't they seem to be sketchy and my guildmates said that his account was banned recently when he ordered from this site. Ill give you news if I hear anything positive from this company.
Je
  19th of Jan, 2008
I found nothing but great service with these guys. No problem with the account I bought. The security is what we all want and need to buy and sell and not have to worry if we are getting scammed. I have enjoyed working with thses and will continue to do so.
Jo
  19th of Jan, 2008
I have never had a problem with them either.
Mi
  20th of Jan, 2008
They take a bloody long time with the customer service i've been waiting for about 4 hours!
Si
  20th of Jan, 2008
Well it's been two weeks, they haven't bothered paying me. I can't seem to get ahold of their live chat. Anyone have any luck selling an account with them, because I have not.
Ma
  21st of Jan, 2008
I actually love this company, they have always helped me when i have ordered something and they work really well with communication. I have never had a bad experience yet. In fact they are the only ones i do business with.
Sh
  21st of Jan, 2008
I too would highly recommend this company. I sold them an account and the whole transaction was complete within 24 hours. Live support was a little slow to respond but the agent was very friendly and helpful with the verification process. Awesome site!