TomTop / Scam, burglar

I bought 2 cell phones from them for about 300$ :

1- they sent it to me after 25days,
2- both of them have problems and was not as descried on their web siteh
3- I contacted them and after 3 weeks they told me to send them back for a refund
4- I sent them back via registered post and still after 2 months they say they haven't received them
5- they don't answer my emails any more
6- they stole my money

• little willy's Response, Dec 20, 2016

tomtop please reply to my emails, thanks

• nicmo_6's Response, Jan 17, 2017

what is going on with my order? My bank account has been charged for the tomtop device but it still says payment processing and i haven't received a confirmation. My order number is BN17A13P5154-RAXU2A

• Jacklim's Response, May 07, 2017

My FQ777 is spoilt, where can I repair? I just bought few days.

Ad

Comments

7th of Sep, 2009

I had the same problem. I hope this ### (tomtop) choke. How can they be allowed to steal. Noel Australia

• Sc
      25th of Sep, 2009

The website is listed as a Scam at http://www.firetrust.com/en/blog/chr...-chinese-scams

Scott

• Ka
      12th of Oct, 2009

ok, so im in the same situation, they send me a camera, its no good, i send it back and now they wont refund

• Br
      4th of Mar, 2010

but i had nice cooperation with them before, they have power ebay shops.most of them have 99% or above positive feedback.

• Ai
      25th of May, 2010
    Tomtop - Missing product
    TomTop

I purchased some keyboards and they sent me empty product boxes. Because the shippment arrived, they claim that it was recieved. Rip off. Stopped answering emails. Out $130. DONT PURCHASE FROM THEM!

• To
      15th of Dec, 2010

i would like to recommend ordering in Chinabuye. they ship your products fast and you can get it on time. all products are high quality and always in good condition.

• Au
      22nd of Dec, 2010

TomTop rip off scam.
    I am still waiting for confirmation my 2 phones were shippped by TomTop 20 days after paying them $142.00 and they do not reply to my emails..
    AustralianKnifeSupplies

• Au
      22nd of Jan, 2011

TOMTOP SCAM UPDATE AustralianKnifeSupplies .. Paid for 2 I phones on 09th Dec 2010 and today is 21st Jan 2011 and still waiting for my phones to arrived, the tracking number they gave me 5 weeks after I paid shows they are still in China. On the 22nd Dec 2010 I started a paypal claim and they had the nerve to phone me on my mobile and ask me to cancel my paypal claim and wait for the phones to arrive, Ada promised they would arrive very soon. ?? Finally I got my money back today through paypal, I think I may be one of the lucky ones and won't be shopping there again..
    Here is their email...
    Dear Murray

Good day to you.

Thanks for your orders.

I have called you just now, and feel very happy to talk with you.

Actually the phones have been sent to you for a long time, and
    the phones will arrive at you soon.

For the post don't update the delivery information soon, so till
    you recieve the package, your local post will update the informtion.

You also know that for the stormying whether and the festoval days,
    we could not contral the delivery time.

Look forward to your understanding and please do me a help to
    close the paypal.

If you don't recieve the phones for 45 days, we will send you new ones.

What's more, if you don't recieve the phones, you could open the paypal
    again.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours best,
    Ada
    from tomtop.com--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Ka
      29th of Jul, 2011

I had a similar experience with them. I ordered a wireless keyboard which never arrived. After 3 weeks, I advised them it still hadn't arrived and they asked me to wait a little longer because it was storm season and the weather delays shipping. I waited another 2 weeks and nothing, so I informed them yet again... they asked me to continue waiting since it was now November and "Holiday Season". I waited another 10 days and threatened to file an e-bay claim, to which they said they would hand my complaint over to a manager. By the time I tried to submit a claim with e-bay 45 days had passed and e-bay could no longer help me with my problem.

Tomtop continued to ask me to wait wait wait and not to submit a claim yet, but they offered to send me another one... which never came. But this time, they stopped responding to my e-mails. I eventually tried to BUY a replacement because I REALLY wanted this keyboard, and they blocked me from buying another one! They never did reply to my enquiries as to why I cannot BUY another one. TERRIBLE COMPANY!

Oh yeah, they also used the excuse that it was Chinese New Year and to wait just wait longer! d'oh!

• Ho
      23rd of Nov, 2011

Ordered a back-up radar from TomTop. received it not working. Said he had sent me a replacement. Which I have never received. No longer answers anything. TOMTOP is a SCAM! Avoid doing business with this company at any time!

• Eb
      2nd of Mar, 2012

Please read the reviews before you make a purchase. My PC Tablet never did work and yes it was their New Year as they ran the 30 days down for a refund. Claim they never received it. Pay a extra few bucks for a better product and service that's not half way around the world where they don't recognize US patients and produce inferior products with bootlegged android OS. SHAME SHAME SHAME on EBAY for doing business with TOMTOP.
    I wish I had checked out these reviews before I made my purchase which left me with no PC Tablet nor money.
    Silver Wolf>

• La
      18th of Jan, 2013

I can also confirm the more quality of their products, high costs to return items (that makes prices comparable to using more local Sellers). service desk is little supportive and I have not heard back from them after returning a tablet several weeks ago. wasted time and money

• Ke
      24th of Apr, 2014

I purchased some Corn lights which were defectiv
    e, almost caught fire, sent pictures of burnt housings, seem to think it was my fault for turning the lights on ! They keep asking for further explanations until you give up. Interesting scam used extensively on Ebay, whom don't seem to care either, as long as they get their selling fees.

26th of Jan, 2016

Hi,
    On Nov 16 I ordered thru eBay (User ID: ukann-vc7cjsrj) an anti bark collar. When the last day of delivery was passed, I contacted tomtopwholesaler, who assured me the order was on its way. I believed him - big mistake!! Many mails later I still havenĀ“t received a refund or the order, so I realize this company is in the con artist game.

• St
      2nd of Mar, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

SCAMMERS Wanted more money after checkout. Said No wanted refund. Had to go thru Paypal dispute for refund. Took 1 month but glad I had purchase thru paypal

• St
      18th of Mar, 2016

I placed an order, the shipping cost was calculated and I paid 40 USD using PayPal.
    Five days later they contacted me to ask almost an 30 USD more in shipping cost because they later discovered that my address is a "remote destination". I opted for cancelling my order and having a refund which they accepted. After a couple of weeks and a few emails sent, there was still no refund and no reply from them. Had to open a dispute in PalPal in order to get my money back almost a month after they received my payment. In business term this is called "Free Financing". Shame on them :-(

• Sh
      17th of May, 2016

I purchased ZUK Z1 Smartphone from Tomtop ebay store (tomtop.usa). The description said that the smartphone has 2 years warranty.

After 4 months of use the fingerprint scanner of the phone stopped working. I contacted the manufacturer and he told me to contact the reseller.

So I contacted Tomtop. They apologized about that and told me to send it back to them and they will replace it with a new one or they will refund me.

I sent the smartphone to the address they gave me and they received it. Here is the tracking number: RE541532254GR

From that day I sent them 7 messages to inform me about the current status of the replacement / refund but they did not answer me. Then I contacted ebay support. They told me that they will try to contact them.

After that I received a message from Tomtop claiming they didn't receive the smartphone. I sent them the tracking number to prove that they have receive it but I never get a reply. It seems that they have blocked me.

When I try to buy anything from Toptom I received the following message: “The seller isn't accepting bids or offers from you.”

After that I did a google search tomtop.com scam and there was a lot of people complaining about them.

Now I understand that I have lost my phone and I am really sad about that. That is why I share my experience with you. I want to protect other people from facing the same situation. Please stay away from Tomtop.

• Nl
      2nd of Jun, 2016

Tomtop uses a lot of EBay alias such as Lalayes. Tomtop is DISHONEST and LIAR. Tomtop CANNOT be TRUSTED. Tomtop is a SCAM. You will REGRET if you buy from Tomtop. Tomtop sold me FAULTY product. Lied about sending replacement and postage delays. Until now waited 3 months..still no delivery. Send emails..no reply from their so called Ebay customer service, Lalayes.

• Be
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Iv paid 233.16 for a cell phone cancelled my order and still waiting for my refund im not very happy with there customer service at all i will be taking legal actions against themMay 30, 2016Point of Sale - Visa Debit INTL VISA DEB RETAIL PURCHASE TOMTOP 615105882969 233.16 AUD @ 9.659890$225.23 order number AN16E29U0506-DFGVW6 and there asking me for an invoice number that i did not receive cause i had cancelled it within 8 hours

• Nl
      4th of Jun, 2016

Tomtop uses a lot of EBay alias such as Lalayes. Tomtop is DISHONEST and LIAR. Tomtop CANNOT be TRUSTED. Tomtop is a SCAM. You will REGRET if you buy from Tomtop. Tomtop sold me FAULTY product. BEWARE They also sell in Lazada website.