TomTom / Forbid to sell second hand

1 Belgium Review updated:

I have an old HP Handheld with a Bluetooth GPS and TomTom. I bought this as a bundle, everything official licence. Now, after three years. I'd like to sell this second hand on Ebay. Ebay has deleted the entry saying that according to TomTom I am not allowed to sell this.

So, beware. If you want to sell your navigation system second hand later DO NOT BUY TomTom!

Comments

• Mm
      6th of Aug, 2008

8th of Oct, 2008

this is not true. you can sell your product, provided you have the full product, including the product code card that came with it.

• At
      7th of Nov, 2009

I sympathise with this person, however you may like to tell eBay that uner Belgian law "it is forbidden to forbid" in commerce, and under the very core of EEC trade law is the removal of restrictive trade practises, by anyone, company or government.