TomTom / Defective product, refund not received!

1 United States

I bought TomTom One GPS on November 25, 2006. When I purchased it, I also purchased an extended warranty. The purchase price for these was over $600.00. On December 2, 2006, I had to return it for another new one as it refused to work. I was given another one w/o any problem at Staples. The problem began when the $50.00 rebate was sent in with the original purchase. After I received the new item, I received a notice that since the purchase (which had been canceled by the clerk at Staples when I received the second GPS and then entered w/ the new identifying code) was a duplicate and I would not receive the rebate without sending in a letter.

I sent a letter to:

Resubmission Dept. Dept 06-53643
P.O. Box 028516
Miami. FL [protected]

I still do not have the $50.00 rebate. The second TomTom is working the same way as the first one. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it does not. I can find no address to reach the TomTom company.

On top of that, the GPS in the meantime was sold over the holidays w/ a rebate for $200.00. I feel that I have paid over $600.00 for a $400.00 item and have yet to hear their answer to my letter and the $50.00 rebate.

Oh, in the "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" vein. I received an e-mail stating that the new maps were out for the TomTom One and I would have to pay $6.00 for this "free map upgrade." I did so and received a DVD in the mail that I was supposed to some way enter into the GPS, something about a "card." This information did not come w/ directions other than a diagram. As stated, I do not have an address to reach these people so that I can find out exactly what to do.

Pa