TJ Maxx / discount lie

United States, Washington, Bellingham Review updated:
TJ Maxx
4289 Meridian St
I love to shop at your store in Bellingham. There are a lot of things that I like about your store. For example, the customer service and the deals are always great. But I believe that I did not get the discount while I was using a credit card when I should have gotten.
A year ago I shopped at your store and the cashiers always offered me to get a credit card to get a discount of 10% off. After that I started using a credit card to pay for my purchases. I believe I shopped at your store three times and I never got a 10% discount.
I would love to shop at your store but I feel that there is a discount fraud or a mistake.
Unless you solve

A  19th of Jul, 2009 by
I was offered a 10% discount on my purchases today if I signed up for a credit card & AFTER giving my information, was told I was turned down and the 10% discount would not be honored today. I felt lied to so I left my basket of stuff and walked out.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by
yea thats tru .
N  20th of Jan, 2010 by
Every where I go I am asked " would you like to sign up for a card today?" At every place your discount or rewards is upon "instant approval" I believe at TJ maxx the 10% is on your first purchase and then you receive gift cards or gift certifies for every every certian amount you spend. I could be wrong, you would have to ask either at their customer service counter or perhaps your credit card company.
N  20th of Mar, 2010 by
I work at TJ Maxx and the 10% discount is on your first purchase (granted to you the day you sign up for the card) and then with every $200 you spend, you get a $10 gift card to use in the store.
D  1st of Apr, 2010 by
The world is full of idiots signing up for store credit cards... And there is enormous pressure on employees to get people to sign up. If you don't get enough credit cards they can cut your hours or punish you in other ways... We're told to make it sound like not a credit card and only say it is when directly asked. Tj maxx made a deal with the bank to take your money... Why would you give away your personal information for a lousy 10% which barely covers tax?

TJX / T.J. Maxx Logo TJX / T.J. Maxx