Timeshare / possible fraud

United States, Florida, Orlando Review updated:
Celebrity Resorts
The annual budget lists property taxes at approx. $150, 000 for Celebrity's White Sands Resort in Hawaii but the tax rolls show it at approx. $26, 000. They have not responded to our request for an explanation of that or an explanation of a projected deficit
listed on a bill for a special assessment in the amount of $1, 150, 000. This is the last year of the property lease and they are threatening the members with collection charges of 40 percent plus interest at almost ten percent if they do not pay while still admitting that they may close the resort early and not be able to provide the week that is paid for.
Total potential loss of over $1400 includeing annual dues and the $695 special assessment. The items mentioned are only two of the items in question. I could write a book on the rest.

N  9th of Apr, 2009 by
We own at Celebrity Waikiki and this is the last year of the property lease. After collecting our annual dues they sent us a bill for $695 as a special assessment to cover "projected Deficits" of over 1 million dollars plus bad debt plus severance pay for employees. In addition they are not taking reservations past April 30, 2009 and our time slot starts in June. They say they may close early and in that case we will be out over $1400. In addition we are under threat of a 40% collection fee plus interest. I would not do business with them for any reason since they do not even respond to our inquiries.

N  6th of May, 2009 by
Celebration World Resort
I am having the same problem with CRW. They will not list the taxes our the amount on the annual budget. Each year its says on the budget real estate taxes N/A see notes. The notes say you will be billed for taxes at a later date. FOR 2 YEARS I HAVE ASKED FOR AN ACCOUNTING. buy the way they are adding to tax amount into the hoa fee and telling you that you will get a tax bill later. I feel for this crap last year. HOW CAN I GET AN ACCOUNTING OF THE TAXES???? Anybody know of a good Lawyer
N  6th of May, 2009 by
oops, I wrote this comment before coffee :) Should have said, CRW is adding the taxes to the HOA fees without an accounting, ALSO not feel . But fell for there crap last year.