Times of India Newspaper / Newspaper not delivered

1 India Review updated:

I am Nikhil and a resident of Madhapur,Hyderabad.Last couple of weeks ago i had taken a special offer subscription of Times of India Newspaper in which the agent charged me a sum of Rs 175 for a period of 6 months, which i paid. But unfortunately,i never get the newpaper and even if by some way it reaches me i never get it on time. Every morning i call up the agent atleast two times to know the reason.Alas! for a newpaper of Rs2-3,everyday i am spending Rs2-3 on phone calls.
Is this the way this newpaper company handles its businesses??Or was it my fault that i paid the money before i receive the newspaper??I wish TOI gets back to me and resolve this issue.

Ni

Comments

• Pa
      5th of May, 2008

I am Pavan KPHB RD#3. I have same problem with Times of India News Paper I paid Rs 175 on 03-30-2008 for 6 months, But still now nothing. But some times the Times of India People will call and tell " From Tomorrow Onwards You will Recieve The Paper" it never comes. Every time The area(Road #3, Kphb) Manager Mr. Krishna says "i will Pay you money, if you wont recieve it tomorrow".

Is this the way this Newspaper company treat their NewsPaper Readers

23rd of May, 2008

Yes, I fully agree with the complaints, I myself being a victim.
    I was told that TOI finally launched the News Paper in Chennai w.e.f 14th April, 2008. I had subscribed to this as early as during first week of February, 2008 ! But didn, t get the paper even on 1st May. Repeated phone calls, as a complainant reported, were of no avail. I do understand the so many difficulties to be faced before launching a News Paper that too internationally reputed one like TOI. Perhaps the Management set up at Chennai is not of experts.
    My order No. is.1 0 2 9 7 3 1 dated:08.02.2008
    RRE Name"S.K>Mohamed Ali ; RRE Code :0685
    Pl.let me know mail id to write to "MY TIMES, MY VOICE/CITY PAGE MAIL BOX" WITHOUT FAIL

23rd of May, 2008

I have already commented 7 mnts ago which is printed herein above.

23rd of May, 2008

Kindly send me your mail bod id

23rd of May, 2008

I am fed up with this sort of instructions...I am typing the confirmation code correctly but you are again and again showing this. don't know what to say !

Nothing

26th of May, 2008

Hi,

I also have the same problem...

I'll go to the office and [censored] them all...

• Ra
      8th of Aug, 2008

Iam Staying in Porur, Chennai-600116.

Pls can u give the condact details of taime of india delars

by
    Rajasekhar

• Aa
      30th of Oct, 2008

i have loged in a complaint loads of time regarding your news paper.since there was no fair response for the complaint i have stopped the news paper, but my point is i am not getting the news paper from last two months and i had a yearly subscription too so i want my rest of the money re paid me back because we are also earning by giving services to public when you can't keep your words then i am sorry but i want to cancel the subscription and i need my balance money back get back to me ASAP sorry to tell but such a big multnational company is doing like this is very bad not atall happy with times of india

Thanks
    Aasdeh

• Pr
      14th of Nov, 2008

Respected sir,
    This is not a complaint.i want a help.I read a news about fake colleges in India on 4th november.I want the list of that fake colleges in Mumbai.I would request you to send to my mail.
    Praveen Jose

• Lo
      26th of Mar, 2009

I am not receiving TOI news paper from past 16 days. I have called up the TOI Office / Agent and complained about the issue multiple times, But there is no action has been taken care. I want to bring notice to TOI higher management. They should take an immediate action on this.

• Em
      21st of Sep, 2009

mytimesmyvoice@timesgroup.com

• Na
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Hi All,

For this problem just contact 23355335 TOI office and tell tht coonect to news paper section.
    Or else you can directly contact 23254223-Sandhya. Tell your problem and Area name.
    They will register a complaint and it will be solved.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Nalin.

• Su
      6th of Feb, 2010

Hi,

In the month of Dec'09 some of your employee called me up for renewable of your subscription. I agreed for renewable with new schemes. I had paid Rs 390/- (TOI) & Rs 9/-(for Sunday TOI) The two order nos. are mentioned below:

The Times of India - Order No. RTOY 3090563

Sunday Times of India - Order No. RTOY 3190563

Booking date : 06/12/09

Till date I haven't received the one year subscription coupons & my newspaper vendor is shouting for payment. Its really painful service which I am facing for last two years. In the back of the receipt you have mentioned two nos. 033-22137076/85/86 but this nos. are not at all working for past two years.

With Regards-
    Subhasish Roy Chowdhury
    38, Tarun Sengupta Sarani
    Kolkata -700079
    +919830950771
    +919831007111

• As
      25th of Mar, 2011

I fully Agree with you. I am also facing the same problem. Even these guys are not receiving my call.