Tiger-Direct / multiple product failures!

1 United States

On 01/05/07 I ordered a 42 inch Hisense LCD HDTV from Tiger-Direct. This TV arrived via UPS on 01/11/07. The problem starts here. The TV had no display, just audio. After several calls to Hisense USA I was directed to contact Tiger Direct for return instructions. I then contacted Tiger Direct and was told that their advertised 30 day return policy was overridden by the manufacturer's warranty. The next instructions from Hisense USA email their service department for return tag. 5 days and 4 emails along with 3 more phone calls later I received a return tag. Hisense USA's helpline excuse was that the Holiday affected them. These people are in East India and I don't know what holiday they are referring to that falls between 01/11/07 and 01/15/07. They received the defective TV at 4:10 pm on 01/18/07. My email from their service people said that they would replace the TV as soon as it arrived. It is 01/29/07. I am employed in the transportation industry and I can tell you that UPS shipping from Southern California (Hisense USA Shipping Location) to Los Lunas, NM takes no more than 3 three days even under extreme circumstances. All I can do is at this point is contact my credit card company, consumer agencies and the New Mexico Attorney General's office because they have my money while I can just hope to receive a working TV at some point.