Thrive Marketcancellation of membership due to violation of tos?

P Nov 15, 2017

I bought 20 X 3 packages of pork rinds. Paleo Friendly. I, and my family, are all on a LCHF WOL. We have been and have actually cured several serious medical conditions.

On the 14th of November 2017, I was advised by Thrive market that my order was cancelled.

This was because I appeared to be buying to re-sell the pork rinds. They apparently considered the "amount" to be staggering and provide them the right to assume I was some type of re-seller.

________________

The email that was sent:

Hi Connor,

Thank you for shopping with Thrive Market.

We are reaching out to you because your purchase patterns may be in violation with our company policy.

Section 1 of our Terms of Service indicate: We specifically prohibit any use of the Site or App to purchase products for commercial use, or in connection with distribution via a commercial meal service; Bulk purchases for resale; Using the Site or the App to drop ship merchandise to third parties, etc. (see more https://thrivemarket.com/terms)

As a result, We have gone ahead and issued a full refund for your recent order. You should see the funds reflect on your bank statement within 5-7 business days.

We are happy to have you continue shopping with us! However, if it is determined that these terms are being abused, your orders will be canceled and your Thrive Market membership will be closed.

We appreciate you complying with our Terms of Service. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us any time by email at [protected]@thrivemarket.com, or call us at [protected] on Mon-Fri between 7 AM-4 PM; Sat-Sun between 8 AM-4 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Best regards,
Armin
Resolutions Specialist
Thrive Market Member Services

____________

Of course, I'm not, I'm a retired LAPD cop and a Full time Realtor.

I did not know there was a good return on re-selling pork rinds.

I called to complain, I was hung up on every time.

I also emailed and wanted a explanation and to get my order. BTW, I usually buy these at Whole Foods - I was attempting to only save .10 cents per package, not huge, but something...

________________

I received this email back:

Hello,

Thank you for trying out Thrive Market. We're sorry to see you go.

I have canceled your membership and processed a request to refund your membership fee in full. No further action is necessary from you, and you should see the refund in your account over the next 3-5 business days.

We hope you'll consider joining Thrive Market again in the future!

Best regards,
Armin
Resolutions Specialist
Thrive Market Member Services

________________
I did not ask to "go" - I wanted my pork rinds.

Well, after reading the rest of these complaints on Complaints Board, I'm glad I was "cancelled" - hope this helps you.