ThinkVacuums.com / Does not live up to return policies & accuses a good customer of lying

I purchased a $593.00 attachment system from Thinkvacuums.com and decided I did not like the product. I called regarding returning it and I was told if I didn't use the items I would be charged a 5% restocking fee. I felt fine with that and returned the item. A few weeks later my account was credited but they deducted $148.48 from my credit because they claim I used it because the power nozzle had hair in it. I told them several times I did not use the vacuum and for all I know the hair was in it when I received it. The man on the other end of the line was quite arrogant, and I feel he was accusing me of lying. I would never do business with this company again. What ever happened to respect for the consumer. I can see if I sent the items back unusable and they were not able to resell them, but all the items were in perfect condition. NOT USED AT ALL. Talk about screwing the consumer...

Comments

• Br
      19th of May, 2008

Do you know why placs like this have a r policy? air in the line is not good! so when people like me buy brand new parts, we know they are brand new parts! The parts come separate and are wrapped up most of the time, how would hair get it there? so you looked at it and said no i dont want it? doubt it!
    These people treated me like family. i even went into there showroom and they took the time to educate me on vacuums.

• Th
      6th of Feb, 2013

Hi Carol Talerico,
    We are sorry for the misunderstanding.. You have to understand that we sell Brand New Products not used products. If you were to have received a broken or non functional product we would have no problem, But you did unpack the item connect it and use it. Think about this If you were to come buy a vacuum from us and when you received it there was hair in the roller and dirt in the bag...would you be happy with that? i don't think so, you would have been on here saying that we sold you a used vacuum. When we sell a vacuum it is not for a test drive, we give you all of the information on every unit and even our opinion to help you make the buying process go easier for you. if you had questions we have 15 employees that can answer any question you have from user experience to technical aspects.
    We have to have these rules to ensure that people know they are getting a BRAND NEW product. You got a power nozzle and a unit and now both of them are used, so we have to now sell a used product that is greatly devalued.
    Our customers mean a lot to us and we really want to please each and every single one, you just have to realize that you gave us back a used part and unit and we cant do much with that. Sorry