Thesource.ca/Garmin GPS / no delivery/no recourse/no money

1 14800 Yonge StRichmond Hill Aurora, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 905 713-2783

On Aug 26 2010 I ordered a garmin GPS from the Richmond Hill Sorce Store. They said it would be in a week to 10 days from now and I had it delivered to the Aurora store at 14800 Yonge St because it was closer to my home. There was no mention the item was back ordered and there was no mention the item was electronically ordered. If I look at my bill I see now it was an online order but I could have done that myself and I went to the store because when I went to the Garmin site myself it said it was backordered but I was looking for someone who had it in stock. My trip was coming up so I went to the Aurora store and asked if they had it, they said no but also said it was an e-order and there wasn't much they could or would do. The manager promised to look into it and I heard nothing back. The point is why take my money if they knew they could not deliver and why wash their hands when it all of a sudden fell into the online trading which I can do myself and have done so many times before. I was misled. I went to them assuming they had an inventory in their stores somewhere and were drawing on that. I was not told they were simply making a transaction I could have done myself. I can only assume they were looking for the trade, comission or whatever they get and did not give a (X@#$) about the customer, otherwise-tell me its back ordered and I would have taken my 600.00 elsewhere. Now the Aurora store tells me I can't get my money back until the item comes in and I can exchange it. That's bad business and considering they have gone bankrupt before I would suggest they are lining the public up for more and I don't want to lose my money!

Comments

• Jc
      2nd of Mar, 2011

For the record; I did receive an appology from the source over my complaint and in fact as it turns out they did not bill me for the item, which I did not know at the time but neither did they. They had cancelled the order for wharever reason which was not explained but I did re-order the Garmin through a sales manager in Barrie (who made the appology)and did receive the product and am happy with the Garmin delivered. Thank you to the Complaints Board and Thank you to The Scource for taking note and dealing with it.