The Tax Club / Bad customer service

1 350 5th Ave, Ste. 6015New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-773-7168

I first enlisted the services of the Tax Club in order to facilitate the somewhat complicated process of incorporating a business for a first time business owner. After reading much of these complaints on this Tax Club I decided that the best decision for myself and my business would be to cancel their monthly service. I first started searching on their non-user friendly website for customer support links or contact info and unsuccessfully submitted inquiries about canceling through their Q&A box which, oddly enough, does not work. I replied to an email that I received from them when I had first signed on to their service and got a reply with their phone number to cancel.
The phone conversation I had with the so-called "cancellation department", which appeared to be more like that of a car salesman trying to convince the customer to buy from him instead of the competition, was very interesting. A woman answered my call and I explained to her that I wished to cancel my membership with them as I've found services here locally in my hometown to be much more convenient. I was told "no problem" and put on hold twice, the second hold was what seemed to be 5 minutes. During the hold, I briefly heard a voice, like as if someone had their hand over the receiver and it had slipped off inadvertently. A short time later, a man comes on the phone saying, "cancellation department", as if she had "transferred" my call, and proceeded to throw his sales pitch at me saying things like I've paid this much amount of money already and canceling my membership is a very bad idea on my part. I told him the same story I told the woman to which he replied, "I understand, " but still try to come up with more and more reasons as to why he thinks I should stay with their service, to which he was becoming more aggressive in his tone.
First of all, I am not the type to become intimidated by the likes of these services and/or sales reps so his aggression in his responses only helped to solidify these complaints against this company. Secondly, and what was the original nature of the call, I had originally agreed to the $10/month fee for the unlimited consultation with an advisor, but wanted to cancel. It was then that all this talk about money I spent and paperwork processed, etc, etc, came up. Personally, I think that's what made him to be upset. The only other service I paid for was to have the Tax Club handle the paperwork in order to have my business established with the IRS and in my state, ($1800). I'm unaware of "normal costs" for these types of services so I didn't think it to be out of the ordinary. Also, being that it is in the name of my business, it should be tax deductible, so that was the deciding factor for going through with them.
I understand that a business will try certain "sales pitches" in order keep their customer, however, I feel that if a person no longer wishes to use a service reason given or not, that business shouldn't give them any hassle. Obviously they don't want to use it anymore because they're calling the number and requesting to cancel, enough said. I don't believe the Tax Club to be a scam, as the service I paid for was completed. I just felt uneasy being that this company is over 6, 000 miles away, and that a local tax prep service would be of better interest for my company. Too bad their customer support wasn't as understanding as they portrayed to be.

Ja

Comments

16th of Feb, 2011

What! do you work for them or something ???
    Gave you service well you must be one in 5 billion people. this is a compaints site not a promotion site for them.
    People who come here and write are not lying or misleading they Got Rippped of by these [censor]. So people who read articles wont fall into the same trap.
    Sorry but your comment has shown me how dumb your really are and i dont believe you for a second of what you said