The Tax Club / Stay away from them

The worst business decision I ever made. From my experience, they are a frustrating, no service organization (I use "organization" with reservation).

After signing, I received calls to set appointments, supposedly with the tax club staff to review business tax issues. Not so, the calls were sales calls selling additional services; book keeping, deduction services, business plans, etc. And in the end you do all the work and they only file.

Their "customer service" number produced nothing but aggravation, no accountant, and nothing resembling an intelligent response to questions.

My advice, stay away from the tax Club, find a local accountant you can sit with, look in the eye and who knows taxes.

Va

Comments

• Fr
      19th of Feb, 2009

I decided to check out this company on the Internet before they called back tomorrow to get us to sign up. Boy! Am I glad I did! My husband thought it was very expensive as I did. They did give us good information on their initial call, but we are going to go to a good local tax attorney too. Thanks, everyone who wrote about what happened to them with "The Tax Club".

• Di
      8th of Jan, 2010

i signed up with them yesterday and per my readings of the scams I decided to cancel my "membership" as they call it. They were very talkative as to why I need their services to make my eCommerce business successful. I had to tell them about 10 times that I just want to cancel and per the agreement I have 3 business days to do so. Finally after a 30 minute phone call, they submitted the cancellation. Now I just need watch my bank account and make sure the money gets refunded! Starting an eCommerce business should never cost you almost $5k just for tax services!