The Right One / Fraudulent

1 1245 E Brickyard Road Suite 170Salt Lake City, UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8014841450

Warning!! Do not get involved with this busines. It is a deceptive fraudulent company.

The Company, The Right One, uses very professional advertising without disclosing their name to the consumer. The ads lead you to believe they have professional, educated singles for you. After I filled out the questionnaire, an employee contacted me to schedule an appointment for a free consultation. The employee sent me an email to confirm the appointment using the name TRO. Only until I arrived at the appointment on Friday, March 5, 2010, did I ever see the Company's real name. I spent two hours with a high pressured sales Director promising all these great educated professional singles that make over 100K. At the end of the meeting, he showed me the prices which range from 5000 to 15000 depending on the number of referrals. After relunctantly agreeing to sign their membership for $5, 695, I found myself getting rushed into signing and intitially their agreement. I left the office at 8:00 p.m.

The next morning I researached the Compan, as now I had their name. I saw all the fraudlent, deceptive, situations numerous people had experienced. In the membership agreement it states that if you cancel services prior to the Company running a background check or sending you a referral, they will refund half of your money. On Mach 6, 2010, at 5:49 a.m., I sent a written cancellation by email as I knew they would have not had enough time to provide any services at this point. At 9:20 a.m., I get a call from Robert, Dirctor, acknowledging the receipt of my cancellation. I called him back and ended up talking to him at 11:40 a.m.. He tried to tell me that they had already processed my background check and had referrals for me. At this point, I knew he was trying to get out of refunding half of my money. Finally, on Tuesday, March 9, I get a call from the Company stating they will refund half of my money since I did cancel before services. I have yet to see if they follow through. Even if they refund half, do they really think paying $2847.50 for two hours spent talking to a Company employee is a fair business practice?

Comments

• Lm
      19th of Jan, 2011

I've experienced a very similar situation with The Right One. Now they have terminated the company, thus it will be hard to go get the money back. But I would be part of a Class Action anytime.

• Ad
      25th of Aug, 2012

I used to work for TRO... I have lots of information regarding this company. TRO filed bankruptcy on the SLC and colorado offices. TRO is now doing business in Dallas as Dallas Singles and is still owned by Ted and Rachel Law!