Tenant / Being made to pay more rent than nessasary

1 Raleigh NC, United States Review updated:

I have been advised to pay 261.00 a month when I get paid 8.55 hr every two weeks have 2 kids an a disabled husband who has been denied disability so only one income in home last year after accumulating a balance of over 1, 500 an receiving notices from landlord of eviction an going to court it was paid by housing with no advance notice of why they paid if this was correct had re certification an no change accrued I have sent in notices an have copy's of it-that I don't agree.No one contacted me but I still am accruing a balance this year this is not fair when I know others who pay nothing who make much more than I, how is this fair to people who are trying their best to survive an maintain?

St

More Tenant Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Si
      16th of Oct, 2010

Hi your best bet is to request a state hearing asap with your local housing authority or request to have a meeting with them so you can get them to adjust your rent.

• Re
      6th of Dec, 2015

Please advise the process I need to follow to have a tenant who has not paid several months blacklisted. The letting of the apartment is not done via an estate agent and I do the letting in my own personal capacity as the owner.