Tejas Thump Cycles / Received product different than described on website

Tejas Thump Cycles
www.tejasthumpcycles.com

Complaint Description: Ordered Motorcycle pegs that were advertised on company website. Paid for product on 6/25/07 with credit card. Product received was different than described on website. Advised Owner Rick, he acknowledge that it was false advertising. I sent the product back and asked for a corrected product or a refund. I called the owner Rick six times, but owner/company never sent the corrected the product or refunded money.

Va

Comments

Ry
  3rd of Aug, 2008

With all of our appologies - my father, Rick, passed away on May 28th. There have been several angry and unreasonable customers. We are regretful of the impact my father's death had on your order and those of several others. We are doing everything we can to straighten out those deleayed or incorrect orders. Please allow us to remedy this problem. Our concern is that we keep our customers happy, and are working around the clock to correct these delys and mistakes. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.

3rd of Aug, 2008

Again - we appologize for any incorrect orders. As far as "false advertising, " - I am skeptical of the authenticity of this complaint - as my father, before his death on May 28th, was comitted to honest business practices. We have and continue to attempt to correct and resolve each issue. We appologize that his death impacted your order and upset you. We will do anythng within our power to resolve this and all issues pertaining to this and all other complaints. Have a great day.

5th of Oct, 2008

I wanted to check in with you, as I do care to make my customers happy. We have completley overhauled the company, as well as our website to better assist all of our customers. I invite you to visit our new website at www.tejasthumpcycles.com. Our General Manager can be contacted via email at thumper@tejasthumpcycles.com and will be glad to assist you in the correction of your order. If you do chose to contact him to resolve this issue, we would like to offer you a 30% off coupon code valid on your next purchase. Please allow us to show you the way we do good business. We apologize again for any incovenience our error has caused you, and hope you have a great day.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights,

Thumper

St
  16th of Oct, 2008

The website has some unbelievable prices but, I'm unable to get anyone on the phone to verify prices. With that said I won't be buying from them. For the amount of money I wanted to spend, I better be talking to someone at that company

Gl
  24th of Oct, 2008

I ordered some handgrips for my bike back in June. It's now nearly November. Since I placed the order I've tried to stay in contact with the company. During the first couple of months they replied to an email saying that management had changed. Later, I actually got someone on the phone that apoligized for the delay and told me the product had never been ordered from the manufacturer. She said it would be taken care of and that I should have the grips within about a week. Several more months have gone by now. At this point no one will return phone messages or emails. I've been trying to call everyday for two weeks and the phone is always busy. It's like they come in at 10am and take the phone off the hook. I hate giving anyone negative feedback, but I also hate being taken advantage of. I've tried to be polite and understanding, but this is a bit rediculous. I was really intending to spend a lot of money with these guys. Now I'll just be surprised if I get my $140 back.

Ru
  27th of Oct, 2008

I am having a very in pleasant experience with thump cycles right now.
I ordered a tank (order number 13450).
on oct 6 08.
a couple of days later my sportster was stolen so I've sent them various emails to various of their e- addresses asking if they could refund my money being that the order has not shipped out yet.
Ive also been asking for the status on the order and tracking number.
nobody has responded to any of my e-mails and it is now 21 days later!

They are impossible to get on the phone
( I'm surprised I was able to order the product over the phone).
try calling after hours to leave a message and youll find that the mailbox is full!

Da
  28th of Oct, 2008

I also did not receave my part and heard nothing from them .I'm sorry Rick died that's to bad. I
send my regards to the family. But I'm out a lot of money
Danny

Se
  29th of Oct, 2008

these guys took my money and haven't sent me a thing (24 days later and counting).. I have left MANY emails and voice messages and have not heard a single word back from them. I think they're full of SH*T when they blame their computers.. otherwise what's their excuse for not returning phone calls then... or even better yet SENDING ME MY FRICKIN ORDER!!!

Da
  29th of Oct, 2008

I wish I know how to stop them from ripping more people off.

Jo
  29th of Oct, 2008

Our order was placed "over a month ago" via on line. We were told to expect the order 10/10/08. Since it was not here yet, we began calling & found the phone line constantly busy, emailed several times and just a bunch a BS when they actually did take the time to respond. We made it clear we need the parts for an event on Halloween. "Finally" they tell us they are having supplier issues. We are fed up! We performed a search on line for complaints against Tejas Thump Cycles, found the owner died in June (months earlier) and several other people are experiencing the same issues, even currently. We would appreciate our parts and if they are unable to ship ASAP, be honest and give us our complete full refund.

Do
  20th of Nov, 2008

I ordered a set of heat shields from them back on oct 8th, 2008. Got one email from them saying they will ship "next week". Today is 20 nov 2008 and have not got anything from them. Filed and won a complaint with paypal but they were unable to get any money from thier account. ($42.00). That's sad they don't have $42.00!! Anyway, everyday I have sent them emails and left messages. No responses at all. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!! They will rip you off!!

Jm
  2nd of Dec, 2008

Same thing is happening to me now ordered a set of pipes from these jokers on the 11th of november 2008 and recived i email on the 19th from some guy named ''thumper''basically saying that they didnt have the pipes in stock and when the supplier shipped them they would let me know.Still nothing, ive called and sent emails with no response.They wont answer the phone but i guess if i ran a ### operation like theirs i wouldnt either.This is ### if you care about customer a least you can do is maintain some sort of communication with them, i know people are busy and get behind sometimes but this is ridiculous.They owe me some pipes or my money 450.00 to be exact, if i dont hear something quickly ill be collecting my money in person.