TeamViewerrefund

I get call from Peter Ben saying I am do a refund, but can not send refund check by mail. They want to connect remotely to my pc. so I let them, Oh also want my bank info to sent money to, flags start to rise, and call my bank, bank lady thinks it is a scam to get my bank info or to get my personal information. I say it, s sound fish, well than a person called Jack Wilson ( team leader ) tell me on phone . so Jack said to use PayPal to send money, $250.00 + $50.00 for my troubles., so I start to set up PayPal by remote, they say they black out screen so no one can see any of my personal information.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Modesto, CASo they send $1300.00 because that, s the smallest they can send and just send the rest back to them, NOW I said or told them that it sounded like some kind of SCAM, so I hung up the phone and pulled the plug on my PC. Oh they were suppose to remove all old stuff. but now I see Teamviewer I con on my pc, what should I do ? The phone call came from Modesto, CA. area 209 tel # [protected] there was a parner I.D. [protected]. the Co. they rep. was LIZETECH is the refund department, Peter Ben And Jack Wilson, as team Manager. Oh they also have Helptech24/7 and PC Speedy and others. I just want to know if this is a scam that going on too.

Do
May 17, 2017

Comments

• Cm
      Feb 27, 2018

I just received the same call saying I had a refund coming. They said they had fixed my computer a few months ago and the fix was not compatible to my system. They wanted me to go to the site. I told them to call be back in 1/2 hour I was busy. Then I looked up the scam information. The phone number was a Florida phone number. Here it is [protected]. I told him if you have money for me just send it to me.
    Chris in Oregon

• Da
      Jun 26, 2018

I'm getting the same, precise, scenario. Nearly a year ago I got a pop-up on my computer telling me I had a major security issue and to call the number - [protected] - at which time the computer locked up entirely. For some stupid reason, I bit, and called the number.

That call cost me $209. They claim to be a Microsoft Tech Support help-line, they speak with a foreign accent (I assume Indian) and they're very pushy. They had me input a URL into the run box (which I did, stupidly) and ran me through this dog & pony show of "cleaning up" my computer. For that, I paid the required $209.

Now, for the past 3 months I've been getting calls from [protected] (another "Indian" voice, sometimes several) telling me they overcharged me and want to refund the extra directly into my account. This time I wasn't quite so stupid, I called my bank - who, not surprisingly, told me NOT to go along with it and to have a check sent to my address. That makes sense, to me anyway.

The calls continue - they want to "refund" directly to my account - can not send a check. I repeat my demand that they send a check and then just hang up on them.

• Ly
      Jul 26, 2018

The caller sounds very sincere and reassuring and very persistent.
    I am suspicious that caller knows my name Where did they get that?