TD Visa / TD bank Fraud

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

TD Visa feeding on hapless Canadian newcomers

TD Visa seems to be one of the worst companies in terms of ripping people, especially newcomers to this country.

They cheated me. When I brought secure VISA card from them, they blocked my $500 and told that, this money will be released at the first anniversary of card purchase. Then when I called during first anniversary, they told it is not first anniversary, but after 18 months. But on completion of 18 months they are saying it is 24 months, not 18.

My credit rating is very good (after an year of arrival here, many companies offered their credit cards and I have a couple with high credit limit). I have never defaulted a single payment with any at all. Still TD is doing this way... Isn't this outright cheating?

All new comers to Canada... please beware of TD. They are frauds

More TD Visa Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Dj
      16th of Jul, 2009

First of all learn how to speak fluent english. second of all. Policies change...deal with it. If you wanted your money back so badly then close the card. your not that important of a cardholder.

• Kw
      29th of Dec, 2009

You are not alone. check your bank statements regularly. I have had overdraft funds taken out of my account before bills have been paid even after the money was deposited in cash. They also mislead you on many of their line items. I believe TD bank has created a program to deliberately mislead clients when they perform on line banking . It seems odd that overdraft fees are taken out on the same line items twice? I was charged an overdraft fee on $1.06!!!Since the merge with Commerce, this bank has put into place some of the most deceiving practices I have ever seen. DO NOT become a client of this bank!!!

• Dr
      23rd of Jul, 2010

I used to Live in Toronto, there i applied for Visa Card . When i moved to edmonton i have asked TD several times to send the Visa card on my new address. I have been with TD bank for quite a time . Never knewing how miserable thier service here, everytime they are like now we have your new address hopefully we will send your card on this new one .
    Now after coming here i have realized TD service is Hopeless !!!

• Ty
      6th of Oct, 2010

I have a business account, I have lost over $4000 in overdraft fees and yes doesnt matter how hard I try to avoid this fees they always hit the account. And to those slick that always jump saying ohhhhhhhhh if you dont have the funds dont used it, well...I do have the funds but they trick you in all the ways to hit you with the fees. The goverment doesnt do nothing, the law enforcement doesnt do nothing, the bank and our local politicians doesnt do nothing...My bank account is 6860383071, I hope that someday 1 judge makes them refund back all the overdraft fees that they have take from us like they ruled in California to Wells Fargo.