TD Ameritrade / Unilateral action without authority

Omaha, GA, United States Review updated:

What a ridiculous organization! They unilaterally iquidated my holdings without any proper communication. Apparently, this action was driven by a regulatory issue in my home country which after 14 years prohibited me from trading directly through the U.S. trading platform. That is understandable but the absence of communication and the 'too bad ' attitude of the staff represents extremely poor service. Not only were my positions liquidated (almost at their whim) but they made no attempt to consider the knock-on implications of their actions both from a tax and financial perspective. Lawsuit pending but I would recommend being very careful before you start any business dealings with TD Ameritrade. C- on all fronts!

Gl
Feb 14, 2015

Comments

• Lu
      2nd of Sep, 2011
    TD Ameritrade - Broken Promises
    TD Ameritrade

TD Ameritrade promised they would take care of me, but so far they have not lived up to expectations. I have given td ameritrade my confidence and my money, but they keep ignoring me. I hope that they learn how to treat their customers before they go broke! Thanks for nothing TD!

• Xt
      26th of Oct, 2011
    TD Ameritrade - NOT HAPPY
    TD Ameritrade

I trade with Td Ameritrade . I tried to cancel an order and the cancel order button would not work. I lost $20000.00. I asked them for some help due to the issue that was beyond my control and it fell on deaf ears. Be cautious with this company. Very Unhappy Customer!!