TD Ameritrade / Unilateral action without authority
What a ridiculous organization! They unilaterally iquidated my holdings without any proper communication. Apparently, this action was driven by a regulatory issue in my home country which after 14 years prohibited me from trading directly through the U.S. trading platform. That is understandable but the absence of communication and the 'too bad ' attitude of the staff represents extremely poor service. Not only were my positions liquidated (almost at their whim) but they made no attempt to consider the knock-on implications of their actions both from a tax and financial perspective. Lawsuit pending but I would recommend being very careful before you start any business dealings with TD Ameritrade. C- on all fronts!
More TD Ameritrade Complaints & Reviews
- Scottrade - Scam charges 
- TD Ameritrade - terrible experience 
- Scottrade - Account errors - Money Missing! 
- TD Ameritrade - It was several years ago now that TD Ameritrade stole $1200 from me 
- TD Ameritrade - They closed my account without notifying me!!
- TD Ameritrade - Screwed up Account
- Scottrade - missing $$$ 
- Tdameritrade - futures brokerage
- Ameritrade - No customer service 
- TD Ameritrade - Backed out of Bonds Transaction