TD Ameritrade / Theft of $15,000
On 1/16/09 TDA confirmed in writing multiple times that I shorted UDR at $25/share and assigned it Transaction # XXXXXXXXXXX and CUSIP #XXXXXXXXX. $19, 979.89 was credited to my account.
On 3/17 at 09:39:01 I bought 800 shares of UDR at $7.40 to cover my position. Transaction #XXXXXXXXXXX and the same CUSIP Number proved that these were the same shares I had shorted. $5, 929.95 was deducted from my account. TDA provided multiple confirmations that my cover of the short was executed.
On 3/28, two months after the exercise of the option, I was told by a TDA manager that these profitable trades were going to be reversed.
The President's office has repeatedly denied my requests for the money to be replaced in my account.
I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and on their recommendation to the SEC and the Maryland Attorney General who are investigating the case.
More TD Ameritrade Complaints & Reviews
- Scottrade - Scam charges 
- TD Ameritrade - terrible experience 
- Scottrade - Account errors - Money Missing! 
- TD Ameritrade - It was several years ago now that TD Ameritrade stole $1200 from me 
- TD Ameritrade - They closed my account without notifying me!!
- TD Ameritrade - ira
- TD Ameritrade - my account has been stopped without permissions and I have no clue where my money is..
- TD Ameritrade - not giving me my money back
- TD Ameritrade - brent ure 
- TD Ameritrade - back office accuracy / accounting / customer service