TCF National Bank / NSF Fees/notification
I don't use this account often. I found that the 5 day hold on checks and the teller service to be very slow. So, I only pay a couple of small bills with the account. When I stopped a monthly draw with the account, there was some money left. I wrote a check over a month ago, deposited enough money to cover the check and still had a balance. The party held the check for almost a month, I was unaware of that. But, none the less, last week I used my ATM card to make some small purchases. My account balance was overdrawn by less than $10. They immediately hit me with a $35 overdraft fee. I bought a hamburger yesterday at Mc Donalds, with the overdraft fee, my balance was way over, it cost me another $35 in overdraft fees. I went online to check my balance today, less than a week after the initial NSF, and was shocked. I tried to call the branch, the phone numbers are not listed on the website. After going through numerous sources, I found the number and called. It was a fax number. I went online and called an 800 number and spoke with a customer service rep. She said they do not notify by email or any other way that you are overdrawn. So, being on Social Security as my income, I have to call my son, an active duty Marine, to ask for the extra $35 to cover my overdraft fees. I cannot close the account until I get the money from him. I am embarassed and angry. If they would have emailed me to let me know, and for less than $45 I could have avoided this and I wouldn't have used the card, now I have $70 (plus $7.45 and the cost of a hamburger) to come up with.
I would steer clear of this bank. The branch service was bad, and the fact that they don't let you know there is a problem with your account, so you could make it right.
More TCF National Bank Complaints & Reviews
- TCF Bank - TCF takes advantage of their customers! 
- TCF Bank - Hold on cash deposit 
- TCF Bank - Worst customer service ever 
- TCF Bank - TCF to pay in class-action 
- TCF Bank - Fraud and Customer Service 
- TCF Bank / TCF Financial Corporation - tcf bank closed my account with no notifications
- TCF Bank - poor management of my checking account
- TCF Bank - mortgage balloon, mortgage modification
- TCF Bank - checking and savings account.
- TCF Bank - Automated directory service