Tax Masters / fraud and theft

1 900 town and country laneHouston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-205-0654

We hired these idiots back in Feb 08 and it has been 8 months with NOTHING done!! We paid them 3600.00 I have contacted the BBB and there are to date 169 complaints about this theiving company!!! I have contacted others who have written on this site and if you just google tax masters there are a whole lot of other people as upset as we are! There is always a fight just to talk to someone and they NEVER want to help...they have referred us to 8 different people in the company and most of them claim they are our financial analyst and that we are in the last stages of getting the taxes taken care of. They even LOST our tax returns and paperwork that was sent!!! If anyone is interested in a class action lawsuit please email me!!!

Comments

• Da
      17th of Nov, 2008

ALWAYS check with the Better Business Bureau FIRST...that's what I did and discovered that these scamming jerks have a file of hundred s and hundreds of unresolved complaints against them. Honest, hard-working people with real IRS challenges have been hoodwinked by the slick radio and TV commercials from these vultures. Thank God I was not one of them, and I ended up with a legitimate company with an excellent BBB rating. My program of resolving my IRS difficulties is now legitimately under way, and I am tremendously relieved that I checked with the BBB FIRST.

• Di
      31st of Mar, 2009

Trying to find a lawyer who is willing to eat their own is a challenge. However, I believe under the states Fair Practices Trade statute there may some hope. I have even contacted my congressmen. The money I paid Taskmasters could have been paid towards the IRS and I could have negotiated the same payment schedule. The IRS wondered why we did not talk to them first. Unfortunate that is even a worse scenario...

12th of Aug, 2009

TaxMasters ripped me off as well. They now have over 300 BBB complaints and an F- rating, which I should have checked first.

I would join a suit if one was filed, I don't have the time, money, or health to deal with one by myself. I can be reached at antkojm1 [at] gmail [dot] com

• Ev
      31st of Aug, 2009

I guess I will also be placed on this list of people disgusted with taxmasters. I am ready to join a class suit! 8-31-09

• Ex
      5th of Jan, 2010

Pat Cox is currently a Certified Public Accountant licensed by the State of Texas (http://www.tsbpa.state.tx.us/macros/OD007.ndm/DETAIL?ID=055358 ). Your complaints about his deficiencies can be filed with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy to get him sanctioned and and possibly shut down for discreditable acts against the profession.

15th of Mar, 2010

Apparently there is a US Treasury investigation into TaxMasters.

---

US Treasury Department
    Attention: Agent Farwell
    1919 Smith Street
    Suite 2270
    Houston, TX 77002

----

And a potential class-action suit:

Pam Mitchell
    (504) 234-5202

16th of Mar, 2010

1. There used to be a huge blog filled with TaxMasters stories and complaints. The sued the guy and he took it down. Here's an archive of it though:

• Sh
      7th of Jul, 2010

** FILE AN SEC COMPLAINT AGAINST TAXMASTERS HERE **

Tax Masters can't be trusted

Tax Mmasters should be shut down. How come they can't pay their health insurance premiums when they reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission that they took in over $11 million dollars through March 31, 2010 AND had CASH to the tune of over $4 million during that same period. I wonder whether the numbers Tax Masters gave the SEC are correct. Could it be that Tax Masters has committed stockholder fraud by not disclosing accurate financial information on their SEC documents. If you feel the same way as I do and want to complain to the SEC as well as the Texas Attorney General and joining the class action lawsuit, you can file a complaint with the SEC by using the following website: http://www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml

28th of Oct, 2010