Tax Masters / Companies like Tax Masters are a Scam!

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

Honestly, when my hubby and I became aware we were in tax debt we were more scared about getting scammed by the organization assisting us then the IRS taking our money.
How do you browse for one reputable tax relief company, like Tax Defense Network, in a sea of frauds? You go with the one which gives straightforward answers to the questions and doesn't hold a fraudulent record. That's why we didn't pick frauds like Tax Masters, and so relieved we did choose Tax Defense Network.
From the very beginning we had an uneasy feeling about Tax Masters. We heard and read that a lot of people have been scammed, but since they are a national company, and we really didn't know too many other companies, we took a chance.
When we first called Tax Masters, what seemed like an operator answered the phone, asked us a few questions, in which we gave brief answers to, then she put us on hold. She came back and started talking about fees, and services. It was as if I was ordering off of a menu. I could have my tax levy removed for this much, or get the levy and an agreement for this much. I immediately said I had to go and hung up.
After looking at a few of the IRS Hitman articles on the internet, my husband discovered Tax Defense Network. TDN had a BBB rating of an A (it was like discovering a mythical creature). We immediately noticed a difference in the manner Tax Defense Network did business compared to them, after talking with a TDN consultant. He didn't point out fees immediately (first indicator TDN wasn't a scam), spoke to us at length about our circumstances, and outlined our options. Yet, we weren't 100 % sure TDN wasn't a scam. We asked our rep about an Offer in Compromise (we believe an OIC is often a scam), and he told us the reason TDN doesn't recommend OICs, "Because we understand only a minimal percentage of people would really qualify for an OIC, and it is fraudulent to suggest otherwise." At that instant, we were assured Tax Defense Network wasn't a scam.
There are a small number of businesses, like TDN, that aren't frauds, and stand for integrity in the tax relief industry, where scam happens to be the term that means business as usual. The fact is firms like TDN are going extinct in their own area. Tax Defense Network fixed our tax debacle almost immediately, got us affordable payments, and debt free (with taxes anyway).
Remember to search smart, because it doesn't necessarily take much to spot a fraud like Tax Masters in a market of honest businesses, but honest businesses like Tax Defense Network, is generally buried beneath a market covered with fraud.

Comments

• Td
      28th of Nov, 2012

SCAM ALERT!!! TDN is the IRS Hitman... The IRS Hitman is TDN. Tax Defense Network is violating Googles Double Serve Policy to gain a competitive edge in the Tax Resolution market. All at the expense of the consumer. What a shame...