[Resolved] Tan Chong Motor Holdings / delay in allocation/delivery of c27 premium booked on june 24 2018

1 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Review updated:

Booking date: 24 June 2018
Booking No: 006584
Booking O/R: 1011418
Loan Approval Date: 3 July 2018 (Alliance Islamic Bank Berhad)

I have booked a C27 Premium Highway Star (White with Black interior) with your ETCM Raja Laut Branch on 24 June 2018. On booking date, your Sales Advisor, Wayne Liew promised a delivery timeframe of one month. To today, I have yet to receive any allocation, let alone delivery of the said vehicle. I have contacted the Sales Advisor many times, with the main query of delivery date and a major concern of the potential implementation of SST. He gave a verbal assurance that ETCM will absorb SST for cars booked prior to 15 July.
I have too contacted your customer care and had checked and complained about the delay without any satisfactory answers being given. The customer care only mentioned that there is no news from the management and she would not be able to advise further. I find such responses totally unacceptable for a company of your stature and this will definitely affect your reputation.
Paultan.org ran an article on 6 July titled, "Nissan Serena S-Hybrid - over 4, 000 bookings made; Joyful Tax Holiday promo nets up to RM12k savings", quoting your sales and marketing director, Christopher Tan, "To meet demands, we have increased our production and are working very closely with our local parts vendors to ensure that quality products and vehicles are delivered on time to our customers." To this statement, I don't think this is a truthful representation as I am having the opinion through communication with your customer service and Sales Advisor that nothing is being done to ensure timely delivery to your customers. In addition, there is no formal communication to advise buyers. I have been made to wait without any hint of information, and calling to your various channels is unfruitful.
I would seek your urgent assistance and intervention for a timely delivery of my booked vehicle.
I can be contacted at [protected].

• Resolution statement

closed

• Updated by ericsoo69, Sep 04, 2018

2 weeks after my complaint, it is still status quo.. there is no allocation, no explanations given and not a hint of communication to your customers. I have been calling both the Sales Advisor and your ETCM customer care daily but the standard answer has been given, "Sorry there is no allocation, and we have not obtained any news from the Management". Worst of all, there are no formal communication about delays, whereas other makes such as Perodua for example, has officially announced that there will be delays in their production due to overwhelming sales and THEY ARE WILLING TO ABSORB THE SST. ARE ETCM MANAGEMENT SLEEPING????

• Updated by ericsoo69, Sep 05, 2018

Just found out through Facebook posting that other owners from Nilai and JB has taken delivery of their cars even though they make the booking much later than I did. The owner who booked his white premium through Dangabay JB dealer on 1 Aug took delivery of his car on 1st Sept, and another owner who booked his white premium through Nilai branch on 11/7 also took delivery of his car today, 5th Sept. Indicated these news to my Sales advisor and he just kept quiet and did not even provide me with a response. How come that I book mine so much earlier but to date there is still no indication of allocation and delivery?? ETCM must be held responsible for these kind of discrimination!!!

Er
Aug 20, 2018

Comments

• Mo
      22nd of Sep, 2018

Look like nobody going to response here bro

• Ct
      4th of Oct, 2018

Me too still waiting since June2018.
    Worst case is my SA is really a [censored]. Last Friday, He said one car was allocated to me, but if I want to take the car I must accept his condition which he reduced his committed rebate by 40%. If I don’t agree then he will transfer the car to other customer.
    I have been waited for 3mths+, yet he threatened me to accept his condition within 24hrs. It is really ridiculous, then I reported him to HQ customer relation, and found out the SA had cancelend my June booking and replaced a new booking number on 29/9 without my acknowledgment.
    Yet the HQ Malay girl said she can’t do anything, I still need to follow up with the SA and branch manager., nothing she can do!!!
    I had requested the branch manager to send me a copy of the new order form to check on details, but until now, I don’t receive the hard copy or the photo of the new order form!
    Why is ETCM pushing customer to dead end, I don’t believe this is the way his Nissan Japan treat their customer.
    It seems like nobody have control of the whole Malaysia ETCM customer service, most of their Sales advisors and branch manager are liars. Just because Nissan is hot cake doesn’t mean they can do lousy and stupid tricks to fool us in Malaysia.
    Major quality management issue with Nissan Malaysia, Wondering how Nissan Japan can tolerate with ETCM arrogance and ridiculous management.

• Ca
      10th of Oct, 2018

@CTOng Agree with you brother, I booked on 26/6, Received call on 29/9 that i have received an allocation but because there is one day delay in the registration they transffered to other people. it was because the want to reach the quota of SA and branch...

• Mu
      5th of Oct, 2018

@ctong, please put the name of the SA here and also the branch name. Are you sure you talked to the branch manager? Sometimes, the SA will just give you a bogus number or person to talk to pretending to be a manager. Please go personally to the branch during working day and demand to see the manager personally and get his name card. If not successful, go personally to the TanChong HQ in Jalan Ipoh KL to complain about this unethical SA. The SA most probably cancelled your order to let other customers which he/she didn't give much rebates compared to yours. For your info, the rebates if not given to customers are considered SA's own money.