Tamarac Apartments / Lies and bad service

1 38360 Tamarac BoulevardWilloughby, OH, United States Review updated:

I rented an apartment at Tamarac for one year. When I vacated the apartment I received my deposit check from them I noticed there was a charge to have my apartment fogged for excessive smoke smell. This would normally be fine, except I never smoked in that apartment, and actually quit smoking in January before I moved out. Prior to that I NEVER NEVER NEVER smoked in that apartment.

When I spoke to the office staff at Tamarac I was told the property manager did the inspection, and has a very keen sense of smell, so there would probably be nothing they could do about the charge. I got the run around from them about having upper management call me for two months. Finally I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I received a response from their attormey basically stating that was a liar and the smell could only come from prolonged smoking in the apartment.

I only wish now that I had done what my instincts told me to do and actually do the inspection with the office staff. I was assured there would be no problems, there never is. Right! I am now out over $100 because they have a lying cheating crook for a property manager.

Va

More Tamarac Apartments Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Ho
  30th of May, 2012

I have allergies to cigarette smoke and even if you smoke outside the smoke still comes in through the door and windows. It also comes in on your clothes. I am retired now but I was a housekeeper for another company and I could always tell if the tenant smoked, even if they smoked outside. The smell is very difficult to get rid of .