Tabletops Etc (TabletopsEtc.com) / Dishonest business practices!

Tabletopsetc.com - China sales, Leesburg Va

I have been a dealer using Tabletopsetc.com as a sales outlet for several years.

As of March of 2007 the Tabletops company ceased to pay the amounts due me as a dealer as described in their website dealers agreement.

I supplied the goods and paid to ship goods to the Tabletopsetc.com's customers and I am now paying interest on the shipping. The March payment is now approaching 120 days overdue and the April payment is approaching 90 days.

The total due is larger than can be sued for in Virginia in Small Claims Court. I have received email promises that my money was forthcoming. In May I received an email from Scott Owens of Tabletops stating that they had spent the money owed to the dealers on trying to recover their website from a hard drive crash.

His suggestion was that dealers continue to sell on his site and he would pay us back from what would have been the companies commission. I refused this feeling that if he would take my money for his operations (in other words steal from the dealers) once, I could not trust them to not do so again. I have sent billings and requests for an alternate payment schedule or some form of agreement including offering to take some part payment in inventory but I have gotten no response to these requests.

It is my opinion that this company is dishonest. Beware as both consumer and dealer.

Ej

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2007

Hi Yes i agree with you ,we are all so a dealer on tabletops etc and are owed money from items we have sent and payed postage on.We have had orders for items but will not send any more items till we have been paid what they owe us.Is there any other dealers on tabletops etc out there in the same position.

• Ej
      11th of Sep, 2007

I must update that although the management at Tabletopsetc.com did make partial payment with interest for two months - albeit once he had exceed 90 days overdue, he then ceased to make payment at least to the few dealers that I have contacted. He acts, in my opinion, in bad faith.

• Ap
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I placed an order from Tapletopsetc.com on 1/8/09. It is now 1/22/09 my order has not ever been received. The first call I placed I requested the shipping and tracking information since I noticed they debited my account. I was told it probably went to my spam, but they will send it again. My 2nd call I asked if my order had actually been placed, I was then told they would have to contact the distributor to get the shipping information. My third call I requested a refund. My 4th and 5th calls were to ask why my account had not been credited. I was told that it was credited, she gave am a date and time. I then told the lady I would happily send her my account statement showing no credit. Suddenly she had to contact another office to get the information...sounds familiar. My 6th call was because she had not returned my call and I wanted to speak to someone other than her. Funny thing, that person wasn't in the office! I honestly believe this website is a fraud.

• Me
      27th of Jan, 2009

I've experienced a similar runaround. I paid for my order by check on 1/12. The order tracking system on the Tabletops website told me my order had been canceled by the dealer "due to damage or a prior order." (Oddly, these tracking notices were delivered to my Junk folder, so it took a few days to find them.)

After emailing, I got a response that my check had been received, the order was shipping Friday 1/23, and a tracking number would be emailed to me. On Tues. 1/27, I emailed to ask for the promised tracking number. I also called their 888 customer service number and got a recorded message that they were unavailable. Also on the 27th, I finally received an email with a UPS tracking number. Plugging it into the UPS website gave me a message that the delivery details could not be found.

My check has not cleared my bank. I just now put a stop payment on it. I am very surprised it hasn't been presented for payment. Why would Tabletops send a shipment before a check had cleared? In any case, something is very fishy here. I feel they were putting me off to gain time to cash the check. It cost me $33 for a stop payment, but I don't believe I would have received my products anyway.

If this business started out as legitimate, it's not anymore. Do NOT order from them!

• Me
      10th of Feb, 2009

I have to update this saga... After putting the stop payment on my check, lo and behold - my order arrived. This should be a good thing, except that out of 16 plates (all 16 in one flimsy box w/ not enough packing material), 7 were broken.

The real kicker - I have heard NOT ONE WORD from Tabletops about my canceled check. I certainly am in no mood to contact them, or to pay anyone for this box of broken dishes. This has been the most bizarre online transaction I've ever had.

25th of Mar, 2009

I was a dealer with TTetc for a long period. I was paid all the credits due to me. After the problem with their computer I haven't had the time to become a dealer again. I was alwways treated with respect while talking to Jan the clerk or Scott Owens.

11th of Jan, 2011

I listed on TTetc till their server problem and then I never did relist -- i agreed to an arrangement to pay out what was owed me and I went along with it --Scott made good on his promise and although it was disappointing that all my listings were gone == i have no qualms with them -- I have a feeling they may have dealers that do not pack well -- everything i sent out for 7 years was wrapped impeccably

• He
      19th of May, 2011

I have been a dealer on tabletops for 10 years - I stuck with them through their server problems and Scott paid up in full - believe them to be honest business people dealing with issues of operating a business - I am still a dealer on their site - and although we do not get as many orders as before the server problem still find it worthwhile to list there - only site I know of that only charges if you sell - there are alot of other sites that make selling too expensive.
    5 stars plus to Jan & Scott

• Si
      19th of May, 2011

I am also a dealer on tabletops and have been for years. I also stuck with them when they had server problems. They did everything they could to retrieve what they could and that was a help. I know it took months to get everything right but I was patient with them like they have always been with me. I was so grateful to them for hiring a company to retrieve most of my pictures. They are the most honest about letting seller and buyer know as soon as they can what is going on. If they have a problem, they do everything in their power to make it right. I was patient and received what was due me. I also pack with great care. The only thing I have had any problems with was if something did get broken, due to shipper throwing items around, was getting the buyer to take it and prove that it was actually broken, but if they didn't, I took the loss if I forgot to take out insurance on it. I ship out as soon as I'm given the OK to do so because I know the customer would like to receive the items as soon as possible. I have always been paid. I am still a dealer on this site and found this is the only site that is worthwhile to list. I appreciate all those at Tabletopsetc that try to make it right for all concerned within their power.

• Cj
      2nd of Dec, 2011

I just ordered a replacement Mug for my Mother-in-Law which I broke while washing it...I was pleased with the price (it was the most inexpensive I could find online) and the speed it was delivered to my door. I ordered it on Nov 29, 2011 and it arrived Dec 1, 2011. It amazed me because I received an email confirmation saying that my shipment date would be Dec 1 and my estimated arrival was Dec 8. With speed like that, I was impressed. If I need to replace something I break again (very likely) I will come back to them on a heartbeat...if I cannot find the piece at a local vendor.

• Si
      5th of Jan, 2012

I hope all those dealers that complained are happy. Now we don't have any way to sell our tabletops and get a decent price along with enough shipping to make it worthwhile. Tabletopsetc is shutting down. Try getting a decent avenue to sell your product now. I've checked and there are no easy and profitable way to sell your merchandise. All the others only want to pay $2, $3, or $4 for something that cost you so much more and they don't even give you enough to ship the item to the customer. Tabletopsetc went above and beyond for the dealers and the buyers. It was not their fault that some dealers tried to ship recklessly and late. They did what they could to get their website up and going. You would think that some of these dealers who complained never had their own computers go down. Think about if you had to be responsible for retrieving numerous dealers merchandise back up and running. I thought they did a wonderful job for all of us dealers who were patient with them. I will miss them dearly. I've been with them for many years and they have never disappointed me.

• 17
      17th of Sep, 2015

The vent keeps releasing steam throughout the cycle.
    It does not get locked, and hence food is not cooked.