SWREG Inc. / SCAM

1 13218 Ambaum Blvd SW #101Burien, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (206)588-0637

I have been trying to contact this company since 8/26/08 for a refund of $47 I paid for some computer software...they will not respond and there is not a phone number anywhere to be found to contact them! I just want my $47 back!!

Comments

• St
      31st of Aug, 2008

Umm, you need to contact the company whose software you are buying, not swreg. Swreg can not give you your money back unless the vendor is grossly negligent in responding to you and you have some legitimate complaint. If you are like 99.9999999% of customers I have seen in my software career, it is actually you who are at fault. Mostly all software sold via swreg is sold on a try before you buy, non-refundible shareware or shareware-like basis, but nevertheless people who cavalierly fail to think that the terms of sale apply to them end up attempting to abuse the system to get their money back.

• Ri
      13th of Oct, 2008

I recently purchased software from this company and have no way of calling them. I found out that digital river is there parent company with the same address just out side of Minneapolis, but when I called them they couldn't give me a phone number for the company who looks to me to be in the same building with the same address. When I called digital river the refered me to the web site with no information. My complaint is that I can't download the software I purchased and I can not find a phone number for this company anywhere.

• Da
      16th of Nov, 2008

I ordered sotware from them- it does not work where I am at. I asked or a refund, they refused. I want $37 back. PayPal refused to honor the claim.

• Ca
      20th of Nov, 2008

I too have been requesting a refund since september and i keep getting these automated responses. All i want is my money back. the vendor has been grossly negligent and i still can't get my money back
    Word to the wise do not do business with this company

• Ci
      23rd of Nov, 2008

Swreg kind of froze up my computer and said I had all sorts of viruses etc. and basically would not let me go without buying their product which I of course could not download and open as my security said it was full of virus. No response to my emails except I got a confirmation mail that said they would not accept my email. Rip offs. I immediately contacted my credit card company and had the charge disputed. They gave me credit right away without going through all the channels as they have had this complaint about this company many times before. I am so shocked this kind of thing can happen. But all's you need to do is dispute the charge and your credit card will not pay them. good luck

• Li
      15th of Dec, 2008

Bad exerience from first order already. Here are data from My SWREG account for this order (amount in EURO)
    Net Total: 484.70
    Swreg Commission: (40.05)
    Overall Net Margin Total: 444.65
    Net Margin: 91.74%

I have had problem with buyer who wrote that his PayPal account was credited at USDS 630.

Great SWREG comission in a resutl!!

When I have tried widraw this amount, I was answered that my account is under verifying. And no answer to following emails.

So result of my first exerience with SWREG.

Vast fees + long delay of money withdrawal

• Ke
      30th of Dec, 2008

I also sent this so called company 37.00 and never recieved anything. There is no phone number for them listed. On my order confirmation they even listed their so called federal tax id #35-2308811 and an address. I cant believe they can get away with this. I hope one day these people will be stopped from ripping people off.

• Av
      4th of Feb, 2009

I also have lost money with this company. Are there no laws in America to stop blatant theft ? No response from the so called vendor - invalid email addresses - and no response from SWREG, for software not supplied but the money taken .

How much money are these guys making - ripping off customers from all over the world . Just small amounts from lots of people adds up to a hell of a lot !

I will try to get my credit card to repay me - but don't hold out much hope !

Good luck, Every one

• Mr
      9th of Mar, 2009

In the same boat as many of you guys, bought PC- Doctor which is a cr@p piece of software ** DO NOT BUY ** it promises the world, but does not deliver..

Tried in everyway to contact the original vendor and SWREG and they cheekly let you fill in all the on line forms for a refund then the systems hangs on a enter your SWREG mail box login….you never get any further, they must be laughing their tits off on the 30 days refund gig.

SWREG customer service page, it sucks.

Will try to refund though my credit card.

STAY AWAY FROM SWREG —- They are WWW thieves—– .

• Fr
      19th of Mar, 2009

Digital River
    9625 W. 76th St., Ste. 150
    Eden Prairie, MN 55344 (Map)
    Phone: 952-253-1234
    Fax: 952-253-8497

is only number i found that involves them

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2009

I am very disapointed, but I should have known better that as soon as the complany gets my money I get nothing in return, I just want my money back. I have learned my lesson about at home work scams

• Tr
      1st of Jun, 2009

yelp i jumped into something and im sure i lost the money... i just do not wanna get charged for anything else...

• Tr
      1st of Jun, 2009

wow get this i contacted them with the number given and the ladie told me they have no infromation on the oder and the only way to contact them is to email them...WHICH HAS GOTTEN ME NO WHERE!

### THIS PLACE GOOD GOD!

• Mj
      15th of Jul, 2009

This company is just awful. No way to contact them at all. Never do business with them! I ordered software and never received a key or download link, and the vendor is completely useless. I just want my money back, but I have no way of contacting them.

• Mk
      17th of Jul, 2009

SWREG support, to say the best, is not existing. To say the worst, it is fraudulent. No phone number to support them. The owner (Digital River) does not want to know its own company SWREG and refuses to help.

SWREG web site is a joke - the pages link in a circle - it is impossible to contact them.

Incredible, this exists in corporate America, fraudulent - no support and a public company.

• Al
      30th of Jul, 2009

Wrong and FALSE info... again... :(
    see my post (https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/swreg-inc-c47370.html)

Their site is available (every time I was trying) and you can contact them:

Jessy Jex

jjex@digitalriver.com
    jjex@swreg.org
    www.swreg.org

----------------

I am a software developer and vendor (using SWREG for many years).
    Please, do not complain to SWREG, Digital River etc. (read my post, see link above)
    Contact software developer/vendor first, if you didn't get the key, software... and so on... or, you want to return your money (really, refund can be made in a couple minutes ;)).

Alex
    (Software developer)

• Me
      31st of Aug, 2009

I tried for 3 weeks without results for a refund.
    I filed a complaint with the BBB and my PAYPAL account was credited within 3 days.

2nd of Oct, 2009

Hi everyone,

SWREG has recently launched new SWREG customer service (http://cs.swreg.org/) and SWREG FAQ (http://faq.swreg.org/) pages that will answer any questions and concerns that you may have. In addition, we also have a 24 hour customer service center for a very quick response. We would be happy to field any inquires and do our best to assist with any of your needs. It will also be helpful to you if you have the original email address associated with your transaction to speed up the process. Again, please let us know how we can improve our service to ensure you have an outstanding user experience.

Thanks,
    John

• Se
      19th of Oct, 2009

I purchased software last week and did receive an email that should contain a key code to "unlock" the software. Without the keycode most of the software's useful capabilities are unusable. The email had an error in it: KEYCODE(S): section is missing
    After many attempts of writing them on their "new SWREG customer service (http://cs.swreg.org/)" site and the promise to get back to you within 24 hours, I am fed up and angry that this company has taken money for nothing. I have even tried to contact the owner of the software but they are just as elusive. I agree with those above = do NOT buy stuff from sites whose on line purchases are handled by Digital River and SWReg.
    Steve (Software Consultancy Business owner)

• Fr
      21st of Oct, 2009

John,

I just read your posting. You are as full of it as possible.
    Your company is not responsive. No sign of life.
    I have been emailing SWREG and Digital River the parent company.
    Both companies SUCK!
    Yeah, I tried this today and every day since October 6th. Not one answer.
    I even tried the www.cardquery.com site too. Same site. Same crappy response.
    NONE!

SWREG try again!

Next I will file a complaint with the BBB and the FTC.