Sunset Marina Resort in CancunNot up-keeping resort to a 3 1/2 stars

Lets start with the only positive at Sunset Marina Resort, their staff & evening entertainment was good. Sunset Marina is an old resort but that wouldn't matter if they keep up their rooms, pool, hot tub, etc. The first thing my husband had to do was unplug the shower and things just got worse from there. You do not have to do all-inclusive that this resort but they cater to all-inclusive, the room didn't have enough dishes & cooking supplies. The stove, toaster & microwave didn't work well and the frig spoiled 3 pds of hamb that we brought for dinners in our rooms. The a/c didn't run well which made it hard to sleep but that wasn't the only issue with sleeping, the beds were VERY Hard and each morning we would wake up w/ sore backs. I have never stayed at a resort w/ partial kitchens that didn't offer grills for guests to use or a laundry either in the room or on site. Sunset Marina also has its own activities which we didn't know so if you check on-line for an activity make sure you are getting the activity you want instead of their similar activity because you will be disappointed. Beware of the pool, its ice cold and the hot tub changed my sons underwear from black to purple and our friends daughter's swimsuit from orange to purple. My party was so upset that I finally went to the manager. The manager, housekeeping manger and a staff came into our rooms and checked each item in the room. They didn't seem like they have BIG issues and replaced the toaster, a/c, brought a thick blanket to try to soften one of the beds and worked on the frig and we saw them out at the hot tub. The manager gave us all-inclusive for 2 lunch, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner. That's another issue, their all-inclusive meals are the same each day. The resort needs reno in every room and should not be part of RCI until they bring it up to standards.