Summerwinds Resort / deceptive sales practices
Buyers Beware at Summerwinds Resort in Branson, Mo
We attended a sales presentation at Summerwinds Resort in Branson, Mo and received a booklet with resort information that was not correct. Our salesman Danny Austin focused on this resort because we told him the area was our favorite place to vacation. We made our purchase based on this information. We went home and read over everything to make sure we understood it. We called Summerwinds two days later to go over everything and spoke with Danny Austin and Floyd Elliott. They assured us everything we understood about the resort and program was correct.
The first time we tried to make a reservation at the resort we knew there was a problem. It was the off season at the resort and there was no availability. Summerwinds told us we didn't understand the program and they gave us a lot of other options to stay outside the area. We contacted the resort to find out what was going on. The resort had 32 owners. The booklet we received stated the resort has 51 or more units participating and available for occupancy. The resort does not participate in the program and hasn't for the past six years, the time the current timeshare coordinator has been there. Danny Austin is one of the top salesmen at Summerwinds and has been there 13 years. He misled us and deceived us to get a sale.
Summerwinds has a rating of F on a scale of A+ to F with the abetter Business Bureau. The sales presentation will be a today only offer because they don't want you researching their company. We have been dealing with this for almost two years and hopefully we can save someone else from going through our nightmare. We know there are a lot of people out there like us and We wouuld like to get a class action suit going. Please contact us. Buyers Beware!
More Summerwinds Resort Complaints & Reviews
- Summer Winds Resort - harrassment 
- Summer Winds Travel and Cruise - horrible condition of timeshare facility
- Summer Winds Resorts - uncomfortable with continuing contract with company
- Summerwinds Resorts - David Walleys 1862 - misrepresentation on sales
- Summer Winds Resorts - fraud 
- Summerwinds Travel and Cruise - vanished with my payment
- Summer Winds Resorts - workplace assault
- Summerwinds - summerwinds contracts dept
- Summer Winds / Stormy Point - fraudulent sales practices 
- Summer Winds Resorts - one particular timeshare agent