Suburban Propane / Overpriced, bad customer service and bad maintenance

1 386 Placerville DrivePlacerville, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (530) 622-0257

I moved into a new rental three months ago. I share a metered tank with another tenant on property. I noticed the bills were very high ($4.56 gallon metered + around $15month in added fees). This tank I confirmed was built in 1950s, the meters are from 1986 (Dept of Weights and Measure has been notified) and the lines from tank to building were very shallow in the ground, and some propane lines were exposed and sticking out of the ground. Even if the tank was "re-certified" as they claim, it looked terrible even if it was "safe." Also, the tank was sliding down a hill gradually over time and Suburban had to be notified about this to come fix it. I am having trouble getting my account credit and deposit back in a timely manner; also, I am having trouble getting them to come pick up their tank and equipment in a timely manner. What's more, their customer service reps usually tell me different things and some even lie, such as after I switched services telling me they would have worked with me on the pricing - but, that's not true, as they never previously offered to budge from $4.56gallon metered. I found a new propane company that charges me $2.50gallon metered and only $4month in any added fees. The new company properly installed everything (legal meters, low dug lines, new tank, etc.) and their tank looks very presentable (and the Suburban tank was far from presentable).

Dr

Comments

14th of Jul, 2010

Sounds like a job for the 6 o'clock news folks at your local TV station. If it looks ugly, they'll get it on video. Just mentioning that you're about to do that may light a fire under Suburban (no pun intended).