Stubhubscam

Ordered tickets that said aisle.

Were not aisle and stub hub said they could not do anything about it. They said that it is the seller who lied but stub hub would not give me name to sue in small claims. It is a fraud what they are doing and take no responsibility for it.

Stub hub is knowingly selling tickets with false information In fact since the SF Giants gave their business to Stub Hub I will never attend a Giants game again. The Giants are to blame just as much, Can anyone say ignorance I mean steroids

Buyer Beware do not buy from stub hub.

Comments

Apr 07, 2009

Your an idiot. SF Giants didnt "give " their business to StubHub. Someone who had tickets were selling they're tickets online for a profit (cyber scalping), which IS legal. You should try reading before you buy.

Jul 20, 2009
    StubHub - Rip off
    StubHub

I made the mistake of buying a concert ticket from StubHub.com, before learning that competitors were selling tickets for much lower prices. So I put my ticket up for auction on the StubHub website for a price considerably less than I paid for it (and less than even some other competing websites' prices) but haven't gotten any bids yet. I'm not completely sure, but I think they are selling tickets for prices above face-value. Don't get ripped off...

• Co
      Jul 24, 2009
    StubHub - Misleading Sales

I ordered 4 Dallas Cowboys/Atlanta Falcons tickets through StubHub. During checkout, before I confirmed the order, the order screen explained the order would be confirmed by the seller within 48 hours, and that I would be emailed a confirmation and FedEx tracking number (they are charging me for 2 day fedex). I received the confirmation email, but no fedex tracking number. The confirmation email stated the seller does not have the tickets yet, and the estimated shipping date is October 21. That is 3 months from now, and only 4 days before the game. So I will not know if there is a problem until 4 days before the game. StubHub is misleading the customers by indicating the will have a fedex traking number within 48 hours, or the order can be cancelled. I called them and they said 'don't worry'. Well I am worried. Their 'guarantee' only makes them liable for a refund. I have friends flying in from out of town for the game so if StubHub doesn't come through we are out the airfare etc. What a scam!

•   Aug 22, 2009

We are reaching out from StubHub Executive Customer Care. I read your review and appreciate the opportunity to clarify some information about StubHub. We are an online marketplace website where fans are able to purchase tickets from individual sellers. We are not a box office. Therefore, sellers are able to set their own prices for tickets listed on our site. Buyer market demand influences how sellers choose to price their tickets and also drive competition among those same sellers. We have several pricing formats (including auction) that can be used and sellers are allowed to edit their prices as long as a ticket has not been bid on or sold.

You are welcome to contact us via email at StubHub at: [protected]@StubHub.com and [protected]@stubhub.com We appreciate your feedback and certainly look forward to hearing from you.

• Ka
      Sep 15, 2009
    StubHub - Fraud Cancel
    StubHub
    Florida

Bought tickets on StubHub, five days later they notified me the sale was cancelled by the seller, seller relisted them for more money. They are still holding my money. Fraud, encouraged by StubHub. Wouldn't it be great if you could hold a buyer to a price, and try to sell it for more, all at the cost to the buyer try Stub Hub. Now too late to get tickets from vendor.

• Po
      Dec 24, 2009
    StubHub - 48 Hours of Misery

My first experience with StubHub will most definitely be my last.

Two days ago, I purchased Winter Classic Tickets. Or so I thought.

Apparently, when I clicked on "purchase", I thought that meant that I "purchased" them. But that's not the case. Because what that really means is that I have the "chance to purchase" them. The seller then gets to decide whether they actually will sell them to me.

In other words, I spent the last 48 hours feeling hopeless and rejected (watching deals fly by me), waiting for the seller to confirm the deal. No confirmation. Why would StubHub put its customers through such misery?

An hour ago, I logged onto eBay and found a similar pair of tickets from a seller of 100% rating. I emailed him about shipping them to me on time. He wrote back to me within 1 minute, saying "no problem, you'll get them overnighted". Now that's customer service. That's how business is done.

I'm a guy who will pay high prices for peace of mind. But that's just not possible with StubHub. Never again.

•   Dec 24, 2009

Hello,

My name is Jackie Tincher, Manager of Executive Customer Care at Stubhub. I am sorry to hear that your first experience with our service did not meet your delivery expectations. You are correct, we do have the sellers confirm the orders to commit them financially to the fufillment. It certainly isn't meant to cause any inconvenience. Most sellers confirm the order within hours of the order being placed causing no delay in the fufillment or shipment. I can however appreciate this from your perspective - you hit the order button, you want your tickets. 99% of the time that is exactly what happens.

While I'm sorry our service didn't work out for you, I am glad you were able to find the tickets you wanted and hope you enjoy the event. Should you have any questions or would like to discuss this directly or further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via our email address [protected]@stubhub.com attn Jackie. I'll be happy to assist you if I can.

Happy Holidays and enjoy the Winter Classic.

Jan 04, 2010

You were right to be worried, I hope everything worked out. I recently spent 1600.00 for six tickets to the Pittsburg/Miami game. We live in Tampa so had to travel to Miami for the event. We spent 600.00 on hotels, 200.00 for gas roundtrip, not to mention 500.00 in restraunt meals for the the two travel days...Only to have four of the six tickets be invalid at the gate. Stubhub only refunds the price of the invalid tickets. Their response was that we should have used the two tickets that were good. I guess they felt that my husband and I and my 70 year old parents would be fine spending 4 hours in the parking lot (temp that day, 60) while we waited for the two lucky ones to watch the game. They did however, apologize for the inconvience and frustration I experienced. I feel soooo much better.

• Jt
      Jan 19, 2010

Hi. I am following up on behalf of the Executive Customer Care Department at StubHub. I read your comment and can certainly understand your frustration with this StubHub experience. Regardless of the scenario our goal is to provide the best customer service possible while maintaining a safe, user-friendly and reliable secondary ticket marketplace. I would like to apologize on behalf of StubHub if you have not received the customer service you deserve and would also ask for the opportunity to provide it. While StubHub is a secondary ticket marketplace we do not own any of the tickets on our website. Rather we rely soley on our third party sellers to provide the ticket inventory that’s available on our website for all fans like yourself to purchase. Even though the tickets never belong to us, we stand behind every single transaction with our Fan Protect Guarantee. One of the fundamental aspects of that guarantee is that we do in fact guarantee the validity of your tickets. If for any reason your tickets are found to be invalid at the event, we guarantee to either find you comparable replacements or provide a full refund for the tickets that didn’t work.

Unfortunately, without knowing the specific transaction or user account involved in this situation, I am unable to provide a more detailed response at this time. I would like the opportunity to review your transaction to better understand what transpired and see if there is anything we can do to try and provide a more satisfying resolution. If you are interested in discussing this directly, please send an email to [protected]@stubhub.com. Please include the transaction number or email address that your StubHub account is registered with. I look forward to speaking with you! Jonathan Corey, Executive Customer Care Specialist