Stub Hub

4.15
STUB HUB
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
From the 'Official Site of the Toronto Blue Jays' clicked on the Stub Hub advertisement to purchase ticket for a June game that appeared to be a great deal. Purchased great seats and received confirmation e-mail for $115 that would be charged on my card. Received tickets a few days later from a Canadian seller. Received credit card statement today and the charge was $144!!! They charged my card in US dollars. Called customer service. All they said was Stub Hub was an American Company and all the prices are in USD. I said that my confirmation e-mail did not indicate that, when I called to confirm my purchase over the phone it did not indicate that. Since i purchased tickets for a Jays game in TORONTO, from the Jays CANADIAN website, and received my tickets from a CANADIAN seller, wouldn't one automatically assume, without question, that the tickets were in CANADIAN dollars? As I went through the purchase steps, it doesn't say anything about USD. The customer service rep said if you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, in the tiniest print, it indicates it there. Stubhub's practices are very misleading- think twice before purchasing tickets from the. oh- and the shipping/admin cost is outrageous too.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Sports & Recreation

Comments

N  28th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes

Stub Hub - Terrible Company Overall
Stub Hub

I purchased last minute tickets for a show in New York City. I got to the window where Stub Hub instructed me to pickup my tickets and they informed me that there were no tickets under my name. Their entire customer service team is a group of belligerent employees who care only about their salary, not their customers. The complete opposite of how i run my company any company i would deal with. Stub Hub is refusing to provide me a full refund, despite the buyers guarantee stating very clearly that my tickets should have been ready for pickup at the designated pickup window. I am currently preparing to file a lawsuit and have the company investigated for fraud. Any interests in testifying?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree