Stormy Point Village / Company misrested their product

1 3179 Grenta rdBranson, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4173322918

May of 2013 we went to a presentation for summer winds resorts there was a misrepresentation of what we were offered and left details out during our signing of our contract. We have tried to contact them to cancel are contact and refund us the money they received from us. The sale rep's are very fast talker. And i'll believe they are feuding and customer that comes. Because we make the mistake to trust them. I 'm looking for other that would like to sue summer winds resorts / vpg partners vl, llc and get our money that we have given them, please email at ranadennis96@yahoo.com

Ra
Aug 12, 2013

Comments

• Ba
      21st of Mar, 2017

We purchased at Stormy Point. We can not even book a place to stay with them. We used Interval, and it wasn't any better. All they want you to do is keep paying money and not be able to use the resort. We had booked at Gatlinburg for June 1917 foe our 50th wedding anniverary. The motel burned during the wildfire, now we can't stay, and they don't want to do anything about it. They want us to pay more money instead. Do believe Stormy Point is a fraud. They prey on older people to get their money, then won't produce their goods. Maybe we all need to get together with a lawyer and do a class action suit. We need to get serious about this. There is no sense in all that happens with these resorts!!! I wouldn't stay with them or any of their resorts, motels, etc not at all because I cannot trust them. Barbara & Fred Middleton

• Sm
      14th of Jul, 2017

It sounds like everyone here had a shady salesperson. I have owned with French Quarter for10 years and with Stormy Point for 6. Although I am an every 3 year owner I go several times a year, taking advantage of the bonus time. Last year I even got a bigger unit, with a small upgrade fee to take friends at Stormy Point. Yes, I did have to do the 30 day thing but we were flexible on our time, so it worked out fine.The only thing that I see that also happened to me, was the use of the resort, when you don't stay there. They used to do that, but have since stopped for crowding issues at the pool and restaurants. I'm so sorry you have had bad experiences. I would share the name of the salesperson and mangers with each other. I have a feeling you have all had the same one and the corporation needs to know the lies that person is telling.

• Su
      2nd of Nov, 2017

@smrtalx Thank you for posting something positive about Stormy Point...I just purchased as an every 3 year owner also and I'm looking forward to returning to Branson for a week at Stormy Point. There isn't a timeshare out there that doesn't have negative reviews so I always take it into consideration that there are going to be some complaints. Hopefully my experiences with Stormy Point will be positive ones.

• De
      8th of Jan, 2018

I purchased mine in 2009. I have used it once. Mine is an every 3rd year. I tried to use it once and was told it was not available for booking. I banked it once and used it at another resort but had to pay. The other time I was told there was nothing available except for in January. I was told i didn't have to pay maintenance fees every year - I do. Mine is for 8 but found out that I cannot trade it anywhere for a place that sleeps 8. Was told I had weeks I could book for friends and family - so far they have never had an opening. This was a waste of money. I feel like every time I talk to them that it is a run around - IF you can get them to answer. I have never been able to get on their website either.

• Bj
      12th of Apr, 2018

For personal reasons, we need to deed back our ROARK timeshare as there is no way to sell or rent it out. From what we were told ROARK Branson is now owned by Summer Winds, is that true? Has anyone had anyone had success in booking and staying in Apr-May 2016 or 2017 ROARK Branson? Have Did they complete renovations of 1st level units open again since the flooding in Apr-May 2016, 2017 or has it been stalled due to the bankruptcy? Thanks to any one who can share details.

• Je
      25th of Aug, 2018

Just got a notice for a Special Assessment fee of $660 for Summer Winds at Stormy Point in Branson. I called to find out what this is all about because I already paid my maintenance fee for the year. We were just there a couple of weeks ago and nobody said anything. This is being assessed to all the owners for the building of a maintenance building on site. They aren't making enough money to handle this? They are selling x number of cottages 52 times, plus hitting each owner for an annual maintenance fee of $600. We had to pay $5, 000 a few years ago to get out of Festiva and roll our timeshare over to Summer Winds due to thievery taking place with Festiva. Now they are bending us over the barrel again and screwing our guts out. I checked the contract and if any "Assessment" or "Maintenance" fee is not paid, they have Power of Attorney to file a quit claim deed and take the timeshare back. I have $28, 000 in this, and most people have $40, 000 in it, so I'm not losing that for $660, but the rotten, stinking. lying [censored] will wait until the last minute before I pay it. I wish that I could unload this timeshare and be done with it. It is a high pressure, shyster business and I am thankful that I don't have to tell my family that I sell timeshares for a living. That is waaaaaay below used car salesmen. Used car salesmen are princes compared to these squirrely [censored]. They are bringing in over $6, 240, 000 per year in maintenance fees, yet they can't finance a building with these funds? Yes, property taxes, insurance, and salaries come out of this, but there should not be a need to gouge the owners for an additional $660.

• Je
      25th of Aug, 2018

Forget about contacting the Missouri Attorney General for any issues with Stormy Point. I have done this several times. The issue I was having at that time was having been lied to about banking a week. Of course the Stormy Point Rep lied in his letter to the AG. The law must be as crooked as these shysters are. I will say that the cottages are nice and we were just there a couple of weeks ago after not having been there for a couple of years. We are annual owners. The place is nice and the people I have dealt with on site are friendly. The timeshare business is a shady, underhanded business. They are always trying to squeeze more money out of you.

30th of Sep, 2018

All employees that sell time shares are crooks. Never believe anything they say. Everyone that goes to a sales pitch should RECORD everything that's said because they lie. Never let them give you a paper they
    call a work sheet, its no good. Bank of America must be in on scam because they will tell you no interest for
    period of time but they don't tell you its not for people that already have a credit card through Interval World.
    Stopped using their card several years ago because of lies. The Government should close every business that
    has anything to do with time shares. They come up with new ideas every year but make it sound that you can
    get return on your money but nothing they say is true. Capitol Resorts are total crooks. Going to stand outside
    their sales office and tell everyone that goes in to record complete session. Capitol Resorts is worse than
    Stormy Point for lies.