Stonebridge Life Insurance / Refusal to cancel policy

1 2700 West Plano ParkwayPlano TX, TX, United States Review updated:

Have been trying to cancel a policy my mom bought years ago and had deducted from her checking account. Now she's in a nursing home with dementia and I have power of attorney. Have sent my PoA to the company twice along with a letter asking that the policy be cancelled. Although I have a receipt for the second letter, the company denies receiving it and refuses to cancel the policy or the charges against her checking account. This appears to be a deliberate strategy to prevent customers from cancelling their all-but-worthless policies with Stonebridge Life.

Comments

• Ir
      25th of Mar, 2011

I hate to say this, but when JC Penny sold my mom and dad a policy
    when I was born, it 'was' a great company. Now that "Stoned Binged"
    took over, I looked into an Accidental Death and Dismemberment
    policy. Big Mistake!! DO NOT Go To These Losers!! I opted for the
    quarterly payment, make my payment and then, I get put on monthly billing. The 'loser phone reps' I spoke to, listened with their eyes rolling, or not paying attention. I like to know how I can contact a lawyer who specializes in insurance fraud? Which attorneys on here I can trust to file insurance fraud charges against this company? I got a bad feeling this company don't care about the
    customers but only their paycheck. I had rude phone reps and a
    cold hearted 'manager' Jaimee who appear to listen with a stoned
    and binged heart. I really hope a real insurance company can
    buy them out! My mom pays monthly payments to these losers
    and gets upset if I want to cancel my policy. Typical moms. LOL
    But "Stoned Binged" is not a professional company, they are worse
    than me!! LOL If anyone out there is suffering like I am, which attorney may I contact to file charges of insurance fraud? I got a bad
    feeling, when the inevitable happens, and I get power of attorney or
    these losers want to sell this account to collections, I will have to sue
    and spend a lot in lawyer and court costs. Oh well.. I just don't trust
    many insurance companies out there.

• Ju
      15th of Apr, 2011

This company is a joke. My Dad died 8years ago. and I called them atleast 8 times and faxed the Death certifcates atleast 3times. they kept taking the money out of my moms account. Over 7 years they charged a insurance prem on man that died 8 years ago. I hope a lawyer reads about these complaints and files a case action against them.