Star Vacation Club / Scam winnings!

1 1450 W. Guadalupe Bldg 3, Suite 124Gilbert, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-339-1856

Like the others listed on the posts about Star Vacations, I received a phone call telling me I was a prize finalist. I called and heard the song and dance about having to show up for the 90 minute award presentation. Being skeptical, I started checking the internet for information on this company. There is none. That was when I found the complaints on this board. I called them back and asked for a website. They told me they did not have one, but could e-mail me some info. Here is a copy of what they sent...

We at Star Vacations would like to congratulate you for being a recipient of one of our gifts. As a Guaranteed recipient of one of our gifts, you are going to receive a Sweepstakes Scratch-Off Ticket. This ticket will reveal which one of our five major gifts you will receive.

If you would like to contact us, you may reach us at
[protected])

THIS IS NOT A LAND, TIMESHARE, OR CAMPGROUND OFFER.

Sound Too Good To Be True?

As a full service travel agency with offices nationwide, we are fully aware of the often-quoted adage, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” Unfortunately, these days, we all have a right to be suspicious and should be cautious. Allow us to explain why and how we offer gifts worth hundreds to thousands of dollars. We have experimented with direct mail, and do you know, the national average is that 300 letters are mailed in order to get just one guest to attend our introductory seminar?

Did you know that a 60-second commercial on network TV during prime time runs between $12,000 and $80,000, depending upon the show, the time slot and the season? We have considered newspaper advertising and you might be surprised to learn that a half page ad in the Sunday travel section can cost over $12,000.00. We explained all that to say this: This is actually the most cost effective for us to give you a quality gift package then to spend tens of thousands of dollars on advertising and advertising agencies. If we were to spend all that money on commercials or printed advertising, you may or may not ever see it; and most importantly, most likely would not ever respond. The bottom line, it is more cost effective for us (and more beneficial to you) to spend our advertising budget on a nice gift for you than some expensive advertising campaign or promotion that may or may not work.

Finally, you should also know that we would not risk our reputation by attempting to deceive you. We have been in business for years, are members of numerous industry and civic organizations and associations and fully, bonded, registered, and insured.

What to expect. While you are here you will hear a brief discussion on our discount travel club and various worldwide vacation opportunities for your entire family. We will show you how to create your fantasy vacation in comfortable, exotic locations, at affordable prices. Our representative will gladly answer any questions you may have and assist you in any way possible. Upon completion of the presentation, prizes will be awarded. Again all prize recipients must claim their prize in person with 2 valid forms of I.D. Remember your prize is guaranteed, and you are under no obligations. No children or guest allowed because of insurance purposes. Expect to be in and out within 90 minutes. You must arrive 15 minutes early to register. In addition to your gift you will receive a bonus gift, which is a $500.00 Internet Shopping Spree.

Terms and Conditions.

This promotion is open to all married, single, and cohabiting adults. If married or cohabitating, both must be between 25-70 years of age and have a combined annual income of at least $50,000. If cohabiting, BOTH must possess photo identification with the same physical address. If single, you must be between the ages 25-70 with an annual income of at least $50,000. We do not have facilities for children, pets, or uninvited guests at this time. Two forms of identification are required. Acceptable identification is a driver’s license/photo ID and a major credit card (Master Card, Visa, American Express or Discover) or an established checkbook. United States residents only, limited to one premium per household. All recipients will be responsible for any applicable taxes associated with the premium they receive. The Awarding and Presentation start promptly so please arrive on time to be registered, and complete a brief travel survey. Any questions please contact this office at [protected].

Individuals not meeting these qualifications will not be allowed to attend the presentation or receive the gifts.

So, I would suggest that you heed the advice from the other posters on this company and stay far. far away.

Comments

• Ne
      21st of Mar, 2008

I totally agree with EVERYONE on this company! I guess nothing from nothing leaves nothing. The GOOD thing is I DID NOT GIVE THEM A DIME!!! SAID NO TO EVERYTHING!

That's probably why I have not received the free gifts. I am going to that office and sit outside and pass out flyers to warn people of their practices.

How dare them to call people, get them to come to the presentation and not even give what they promised. Just think how they will run u around if you paid the money.

• Da
      13th of Jun, 2008

I am completly appalled how these people can do this. I am a seventeen year old high school graduate who answered their call 3 days ago. The person who told me that I had won one of the "5" guaranteed prizes even ended up giving me his private cell number to contact him for information about this. They said I couldve won either an APPLE IPOD TOUCH, $20, 000 GRAND PRIZE, $500 CASH, 3 DAY TRIP, and who knows what other thing they threw in. I was more excited at the fact that this had been the first "set of good news" in a while.. My father had just ben injured again at work. His works comp check hasnt come since january. Some ignorant girl rearended me and its a 4000 dollar hit which her parents are arguing to pay for. This is middle class. Thats what it means to be in the US nowadays and it breaks my heart to know that thse kids [becasue the guy that told me about he supposed prize is only 19 ] are lieing for 10 dollars an hour [ he told me his wages] and have no remorse for it. Luckily, I have tried to get in the mind of this guy and ask him why he chose to be alieing marketer and he replied
    a job is a job...
    but i dont agree with that, with my persauding arguments about why this type of "job" iof you wanna call it that, is wrong,
    hes been able to relize what horrid things he has been causing for innocent people..
    my appointment wouldve been with my father at 1030 today, saturday the 14th of june
    but thanx to a quick little google search and the complaints of all you generouds people who took the time to type in theri feedback and situations...you prevented me and my father from wasting our time, gas, and energy.

I sincerly thank you for it.
    I know I'm just 17, but this type of thing is something that affects anyone, regardless of age or location.

FYI:
    The office they were planning on sending me and my father was the following

Star Vacation Club
    1920 Thoreau Dr. N
    Suite 151
    Schaumburg, IL 60173
    847.303.5721

• Ro
      27th of Jun, 2008

I also received a call that I have been pulled out of a contest to receive some gifts; all i had to do was spend 90 minutes learning about there company and that sounded fine to me. So I booked my time and visited the office in Gilbert. Now they did try to sell me, but when I declined to sign up they gave me my gifts and I showed myself out. I received an all inclusive-vacation to Mexico, $50 gas voucher, and $25 dinner. The only out of pocked was the taxes on the trip by law I have to pay so I'm not mad about that at all. End of story.

Now i have read many postings about people complaining about this company and I think I have found something in common with you all. YOU ARE CHEAP AND BROKE!!! Like this kids sob story about him and his broke ### Dad. It makes me sick! Also I'm sure they asked his age and income just like they asked me, and he lied just to get the gifts.

If you don't want to spend 90 minutes and a couple pennies then don't be a frickin parasite!