Star Vacation Club / Do not buy into this scam!

I have to say that I also sat through a presentation and being stupid I signed up for this fraudulent vacation package. Just like everyone else said, you get a phone call saying you won one of the 5 prizes and all you have to do is come to our office in Mesa and show 2 forms of ID. I was asked to show a copy of my DL and my checkbook. I should of known by then this was weird.

Never the less I stayed for the presentation and somehow they got to me to buy into this condo package for $3995.00. I signed the papers and then after looking for more information on the internet found out that you can't even find them on the internet.

No address for the Mesa/Gilbert office... How strange! So I decided to email Star Vacation from my card they gave me when I signed up. I told them I wanted to cancel this contract and I was told there was no way out. I argued with them that they have to have a cancellation fee of some kind. They said nope you will never be able to get out of this contract. I said oh yes I will and I wrote a letter to the BBB and the Attorney General.

I also called the Credit Union that I got the so called loan from and they said I had to call First Funding and they gave me a phone# which I called and got an answering machine saying hello I'm the manager and leave a message and I will get back with you. So I left him a message saying I want to cancel my loan with the Credit Union regarding the contract with Star Vacation Club. I received a phone call back from this guy who said he was with First Funding and I said I want to cancel my loan because Star Vacation Club is a fraud. He said NO they are not and I said YES they are. He said I can't cancel your loan until I receive written agreement from Star Vacation Club and he said have you contacted them regarding this? I said yes I have and I also contacted the BBB and the Attorney General. He said you can't cancel this loan until I hear from Star Vacation Club.

I said ok, but I'm not paying for this loan. He said oh well, it's your credit. I said yep and you will not receive any money from me. So right now I'm in the process of getting this contract canceled and will get lawyers and everyone I can get to help me get this contract canceled. I will not ever give up on this nor will I pay my loan that I will never use. If anyone has any good advise I can use, I would greatly appreciate it. Email me at chris.davidek@lensco.com.

Comments

• Jt
      9th of Aug, 2007

I am a member Chris here in Florida they truly are not a scam there web site is starvacationclub.com and just to tell you they will deliver on your vacations.

Cliff.

• Ke
      6th of Sep, 2007

These guys went into my account after i told them i wanted to come into their office, and make the payments if i wanted to keep their service. They said ok fine, when will you come in and make that payment, i said friday, you think they waited, no they went into my account any way, and guess what you can't cancel, you are stuck, and you can't get your money back. There is nothing in life for free, but when you say it's free, it better be free. My advice is if you go to this scam don't sign up, please don't sign your name and give them your card unless you are sure. Now that I'm stuck in this program, i am now trying to negotiate the price per month, drop that for me. You sign, and give up your card you are stuck they don't tell you that, and the prizes aren't free, u find me some one that won a car, or the money, no, everyone gets a trip that's not free at all, and the you know what star vacation club, said, oh, thats another marketing company, that has nothing to do with our program, well hell, it was you, and your program that called me. So, you lied, for the marketing company. Star vacation club has over 60,000 members, the question is ,how many of them were suckered by you, and forced to stay with you, because you do not give them their money back. This is American Corporate terrorism. Sell you a dream, you like the dream, you get three days to think about it, after you sign the dotted line. Then no matter what the money is theirs, and you know what their customer service department said, you don't have to pay us any more, don't keep up with the rest of the bill, it's your credit, and that's where well get you. so since i am stuck along with probably thousands of others forced to stay with this club, might as well try to enjoy, but its hard to do that when you know that you just got GANGSTERED OUT OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. Let me know if there is a massive LAW SUIT or something out there, because sign me up. So BEWARE STAR VACATION CLUB, BEWARE, AND IF THEY CALL YOU, TELL THEM DON'T CALL ME AGAIN, BECAUSE WE CALL POLICE.

• Ni
      27th of Nov, 2007

I want to thank all of you who posted a complaint about Star Vacations. I received a phone call like all of you, told me I had won one of 4 prizes, the first one being a Navigator. I was about to go to the presentation tomorrow until I decided to look on the web. There is an unbelievable amount of complaints about this company. I was told to bring a credit card, check book and drivers license. I want to thank all of you for posting your complaint because I probably would have been suckered also.

• Kh
      5th of Jun, 2008

Yup, I got the exact same info, Nicholas. Navigator, TV, Trips, and some petty cash. Eff this scam. Don't buy in. I'm avoiding this the easy way like those who are reading. Utilizing the internet. Good job everyone!!

• Ro
      27th of Jun, 2008

Did you even read the contracted befor you signed it? Probably not, because if you did you would have seen that there is a canelation period. You missed it because you're idiots! Maybe you should read things in the future. I'm glad you will never get your money back.

27th of Jun, 2008

Hey Rob. You sound like a real d$#%. So all the comments are from satisfied customers? When your done blowing all your Star friends be sure to take a long shower... and I hope you don't get all of it off either.

14th of Oct, 2008

Well we are mature arnt we Joe?? Upset becuase Rob was right? hmmm...