StainSafe / Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan / Worry-No-More and StainSafe are the same company!

The Worry-No-More Furniture Protection Plan is the same company as StainSafe. They have the same telephone number: [protected].

I purchase a leather sofa, love seat, and ottoman from Macy's Department Store in September 2006. With this furniture I purchase a 7 year warranty with Worry-No-More to cover stains. In March 2007, I noticed a red ink mark on the leather sofa and tried the leather cleaning product to remove the stain. Unfortunately, the stain did not come off. I called Macy's Department Store and scheduled a time for a cleaning service to come to my house to clean the stain. I asked that the time not be in the morning but the afternoon and to call me on my cell phone to confirm my appointment . When I get my confirmation the call it is on my voice mail at home and the time is for the morning. I call Macy's to let them know the morning was not a good time and I would have to reschedule. In the meantime, I visit the Macy's Department store where I purchased the furniture and talk with the sales rep who sold me the furniture. I tell him everything about trying to get my sofa cleaned. He tries to help me by calling the Worry-no-More people. They tell him they cannot honor my warranty because I let the 10 days lapse before calling in my claim. This is not true. Then they say because I really did not know how the stain got on the sofa, that I was guessing how it happened, they could not clean it. They gave me a lot of bogus reasons for them to not honor the warranty. So I call Macy's again, and of course, they send me back to StainSafe. My outcome right now is I have written Macy's about this company and I still have my stain.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Fr
      11th of Apr, 2015

Worry No More Protection Plan/Uniters Insurance/Macys. Should be called, ( Worry More). This is Fraud and someone either Macys or Uniters should be held liable. As to date Uniters is sending a second technician out to look at damages to my motion reclining sofa that has structural damage. However, after reading all of the reviews I can see that I am not going to get my furniture repaired or replaced as my Worry No More Plan states. I think I might try to have the News Station here when the technician arrives!

• Ri
      15th of Sep, 2014

After four years of a 10-yr warranty, I am trying to get Worry-No-More to come out and clean a mattress purchased from Macy's. The operator asked if I initially received a cleaning kit with the mattress. They ask this because they expect the CUSTOMER to clean the difficult stain first! I told them how could I remember 4 years ago if I received a cleaning kit and the warranty sheet from Macy's. All I received when first purchased the mattress in question (I bought two at the time, only queen had the protection plan) was the sales receipt! So they are mailing new mattress pad and cleaning kit and telling me to try to clean in first and then call back within 14 days to see if I still need the cleaning service. Nowhere on the brochure given to me at time of purchase did it say you must clean it yourself first for the $100 dollar policy to claim.

• Ly
      2nd of Mar, 2014

Hi, I would really like to learn something somewhat normal about Stainsafe, apparently there are a lot of people writing about how mad they are and what a scam it is but the details are vague and it's just a rant. I am considering purchasing but after reading I can't tell if all of you don't know what you are doing or Stainsafe? Just a lot of anger which could mean you did not follow protocol. Or they are a really terrible company even though you did everything right. The comments about the child and the pen, that is just a rant, the person who wrote about their cat, all I hear is anger which is great but please try to explain what occurred in a logical way, in this way your voices will be heard rationally and you can make clear what this company did wrong. It appears if you have an incident, a stain, tear etc depending on the warranty you have that you must report it right away or they will not honor it. Is this true? That if you contact them immediately they may come out and resolve the issue? If that is the case that would be fine with most people. However, the way everyone responded is extremely unclear, did you perhaps contact them right after the incident and they are the ones saying you did not, that would be a different story then. Please someone be rational and "clear" even if angry to add to the effect but this is a bunch of gobbly gook and I have no idea what you are all trying to say, at this point I can't tell if you are on medication for anger issues or if the company has made you this way, but at present you are wasting you efforts. Thank you kindly

• Ks
      18th of Feb, 2014

I just filed for my 7 year return price of warranty coupon for not using it. I have a feeling it will be denied. You must ask for it back within 90 days of expiration. I waited one month too many. Waited 7 years and missed the deadline by one month! Bummer!

• Fu
      2nd of Feb, 2014

I have had my own personal nightmare experience with Macy's furniture and its so-called Worry No More coverage. I truly believe that the only way to get some measure of satisfaction would be for all the affected consumers to start a class action suit.

23rd of Jan, 2014

I would just like to say when we purchased our new couch an loveseat we were told by our sales person we need the worrie no more plan, we have bolts falling out of the furniture the color of the leather is changeing and the cushions have gone flat in tow years. We were told none of the above was covered. As we were scamed once prior I discuesed all of these problems with the sales person. The sales person all would be covered and we would not have any problems. After you pay foe the furniture and coverage plan you recieve one page document of items not covered, if read it is written so well that they will never have to pay another claim, the fact that if you attempt to call in a claim you loose the chance to recieve your 400.00 credit back tell you it is a Macys scam.

• Fr
      6th of Jan, 2014

Where is the reputation of Macy's?? The tradition of pride, honor and integrity under the store policies "We will provide quality and value to our customers" and "We will not cheat, steal, participate in or condone fraud or deceptive practices" ??? Ladies and Gentleman today, after more of 5 days the email with customer services, UNITERS call me and denied my claim. After a poor phone interview they said NO.
    How a company with more of 800 stores nations wide can continue doing this FRAUD SELLING SCAM PROTECTION INSURANCE to customer, who purchase furniture in MACY'S. Beside they denied my claim they email a coupon for 25% off in furniture care and cleaning supplies???? Where is the Vendor & Supplier Code of Conduct police of MACY'S INC, when they sell insurance policies for the fraudulent insurance company from West Palm Beach, Florida called UNITERS NORTH AMERICA.

• We
      9th of Nov, 2013

Ps: bored should have been spelled board and I purchased the couch in September 2013 from Macy's in Redmond, Washington.

• We
      9th of Nov, 2013

In case anyone else stumbles across this bored before submitting a claim to worrynomore/uniters, some people do have positive experiences! Our dog peed on our sectional couch (3 cushions and 2 throw pillows). I called worrynomore within 10 days of the date the stain occured (as it states on their Product Protection Plan) and had no trouble with the rep I spoke with. She took down my info and promised a tech would call within 48 hours to set up a site visit. The tech actuslly called within 4 hours. Unfortunately their next available appointment was in 2 weeks, but we told them we'd really like something sooner if possible. They must have had an opening because they were able to come out after only 1 week. The techs (with SAW, a third party cleaner contracted by worrynomore/uniters) were amazing. Incredibly friendly and professional. They got right to work and got the stains out.

I do want to point out (because I read complaints elsewhere about urine stains) that our couch is dark gray in color and microfiber so it was difficult to see the stains after they dried. The techs had no issue with that!

I can only comment on my own experience but i read the Product Protection Plan, followed the claim submission directions, made sure my claim was not part of the exclusions listed in the Product Protection Plan, was friendly and respectful of the technicians and customer service reps, and I had a good experience.

• Ms
      24th of Jul, 2013

Macy's Sterns and Foster followed through by giving me a new mattress for an indention. Worry No More did not follow through (who agree to pay me first for the non stain removement) I thought this is a waranty really working -- then--- Worry No More delvered me a "GOT CHA" when I emailed about my check that they had agreed to before MACY's replaced the mattress for an INDENTION --- they said they would not send my check because MACY's replaced the mattress a Month after they agreed to pay me for the non removal of the stain. DON'T PURCHASED THIS MACY'S AND UNITERS(WORRY NO MORE ARE THE SAME COMPANY---

• Tr
      7th of Nov, 2012

Thank goodness for the existence of this complaint board and all the consumers who have posted. I just purchased a sofa and loveseat with the accidental and structural damage 7-year coverage on the sofa, and I was on the fence and suspicious about the combination program, so the sales associate said I can change my mind and he can refund me. After reading a lot of the comments, I got anxious and called immediately to cancel the program but apparently the transaction needs to go through first before the refund can be issued. I'm trying to catch this before it gets way way worse, but I'm totally sympathetic with the headache and heartache that so many are going through. Can't believe the "program" is such a joke and scam, and agree that filing with the BBB on that stain removal company is the best way to go. Macy's can only do so much - slap the wrist of the technicians who are denying all claims - though I've heard that it works some time, I haven't heard from any consumer regarding a positive experience. So, no matter how helpful and knowledgeable the sales associate may seem, do not trust everything they tell you. Or, request what they tell you in writing. They should totally make the legal document pertaining to the worry-no-more warranty available to consumers so that people can comb through the stuff before deciding to purchase. But since they know that most people won't ask for it, they count on this as their easy money. If this is how they play, then they will lose consumer trust and business. Once I get the refund for the warranty I am going to buy myself some sofa covers. That'll keep me worry-free better than some rip-off insurance plan. If you think about it, anything counts as "normal tear and wear, " so of course this is just like throwing money away. Same thing with mattress warranty - they are ridiculous and would never recognize any claims because of a loose thread or a compression that's not over 2 inches. Who has time to read all the fine prints and try to figure out the legal definitions and to document what happens to furnitures? Lesson well learned - pay your tuition money on these sort of things and don't let it ever happen to you again.

• Da
      25th of Jul, 2012

I am irate right now after getting off the phone with Worrynomore. I purchased my leather couch in Nov., 2010. Two days ago I noticed a tear or crack, not sure what you would really call it, and called today to report. After asking how it it happened (I don't know) I was told it was not covered. My brochure says leather is covered for rips, tears and punctures. The rep continued reading her script and said she has our conversation on tape so I can't change my story. I didn't change my story. I added that perhaps someone with a button on their pants pocket caused the tiny 1" tear/rip. but I really don't know. What I do know is the brochure says it covers rips, tears and punctures. After speaking to a supervisor, I was told it has to be punctured or ripped or torn down to the cushion to be covered. My tear was only surface deep so it's not covered. I paid over $300 for this rip-off insurance. I knew better at the time but had a new dog I was afraid she would claw the sofa. Should have listened to my instincts. This is a TOTAL RIP OFF. I will tell everyone I know about what happened and hope that no one falls for this scam again. Disgusted with Macy's and worrynomore...what a JOKE!!!

• Bl
      14th of Jun, 2012

StainSafe (aka) WorryNoMore (aka) Global Care Solutions (aka) Prestige Protection. This is a waste of your money and they will try every trick in the book to not honor the warranty with you. Luckily I read up on them on this site (and several others) before calling and was ready for their shenanigans. Keep in mind that the interaction below relates to a Microfiber couch I purchased at Macy's 1.5 yrs ago.

1) Cushion cores are not covered. I asked for specific language in writing that says "Cores are not covered", which they could not provide. They did provide copies of the warranties via email, which said "Microfiber furniture" is covered. This, according to them, does not cover cushion cores as they do not fall under "microfiber". I pointed out cushions fall under "furniture". At this point, it's their interpretation vs. yours. This seems like a potential basis for legal action, as the contract language is murky and the intent is not clearly transmitted in the language.
    2) Do not be vague about timing and call as soon as it happens. You have a 10 day window to report it, period.
    3) Do not clean the fabric until you call them and get specific instruction from them that it is ok to clean. I personally think this is asinine, but the wording is very clear on this. You won't win on this point.
    4) Call the manufacturer first and find out the exact terms of their warranty. StainSafe will not honor anything that is still under manufacturer warranty. They told me my couch was covered for 5yrs, but when I inquired further with the manufacturer, it turned out they only covered manufacturing defects.

Things to keep in mind:
    1) The first round of customer support folks supposedly cannot hang up on you. If you do not hang up on them they must stay on the line. They'll go silent and do everything they can to make it sound like you've been disconnected, but if you stick around they will too.
    2) Ask for a supervisor after you are done with the first round of customer service, regardless. They can almost always do more for you. I told my supervisor that I wasn't calling to complain about the first lady, I was looking to verify some inconsistencies and clarify additional points. My first rep was decently professional (luckily), so I made sure to vocalize that with her supervisor to let her know I wasn't on an indiscriminate warpath.
    3) Be very clear about what it is you want from them, be it the exact furniture parts or the exact service you are looking for. If they won't honor it and you disagree with the reason, you can make the best of it and ask for a full refund of whatever you paid for the warranty. This will work better if they cannot provide explicit, written documentation referencing exactly why the warranty is void. Don't let them sucker you with their subjective interpretations of vague contract phrasings. If you can argue a different interpretation, do it.

Things you can bring up that seem to carry weight - Better Business Bureau, your State Attorney General's Office, the Federal Trade Commission & its Bureau of Consumer Protection, other Consumer Fraud Regulatory agencies, any large-scale political and/or media connections you have access to. They are scammers, and all scammers fear exposure. Let them know on the front end that you are aware of their usual tactics. I went on the quasi-offensive with them and it seemed to work this round.

• Or
      7th of Jun, 2012

We are very upset with the company WOORY NO MORE. They fixed in 2009 a red wine stain on 2 pieces of white leather sofa. After this, we covered our sofa with cover. Today, we just remove the cover and discover that the white they used to repair went of. We called WOORY NO MORE and they told us that is normal use!!! We have 6 pieces of sofa but it's happen only on the pieces they repaired and at the same place!!!
    Today they don't want to repair the sofa because the lost of color is not cover by the warranty!!!

Be aware that WORRY NO MORE is a scam!!!

16th of Apr, 2012

I had the same issue... called to make appt, they called me back to confirm on a day I DID NOT schedule. When i rescheduled, they went to the wrong house... When I called the company to clarify, and asked them to note the episodes, because the 10 days was up (not by any fault of mine) they said they would document to conversation and would have someone call to schedule a new appt. No one called. I called twice, and received no answer... When I called the call center back AGAIN, I was told that the complaint was closed, and they would not re-open it. Extremely unreliable, unprofessional company. I would expect more from a Macy's experience.

• Wa
      11th of Feb, 2012

We generally do not buy warranties. However, since we were purchasing a couch and we have three large dogs, we decided it might not be a bad idea since animal fluids were covered by the policy. Plus, Macy's said if we didn't use the warranty in 7 years we'd get our money back in a gift card. Sounds great, right? So about six months after owning the couch, it was soiled by one of our dogs. We called Worry No More, and they said we could either get a more high powered couch cleaner and try to clean it ourselves, or we could be mailed replacement cushions. However, they said that if they didn't make the couch anymore, we would not be able to get the replacement cushions and would be out of luck and unable to get the cleaning kit (how is this fair?). Since it had only been six months, we opted for the replacement cushions. They said they would send them out as soon as possible. A few months later, wondering where in the world our cushions were, we called. They couldn't find our order and said they would place it again. Here we are about a year later, and still no cushions or contact from the company. We are about to call Macy's and demand our money back. I have found them to generally be accomodating with the dining room set (which fortunately I didn't buy a warranty for!) so hopefully they will be accomodating with this. Also, the things people wrote about the damage having to have occurred in the last 7 days is completely true, although I don't know what would prevent you from just lying when they ask you that question! Anyway, good luck and I will NEVER buy a warranty again!

22nd of Dec, 2011

Please save your money! worry no more means before something happen. U must worry when something happen. Sorry it's not cover, Which means u r screwed, Bad company man save ur self the worry. 70%of claims rejected

• Ke
      2nd of Nov, 2011

I just got off the phone with a Macy's customer service supervisor. We had bought a $2000 leather sectional in Feb 2010 and noticed within the 1st year that the seat cushions were all cracking the actual leather on this sofa must be micrometers thick. We had also purchase a Worry No More 7 year warranty for $200 at the time. Now even though we had noticed the cracking within the manufacturers warranty period we didn't report it because we were in the process of moving and I thought we'd be covered under the Worry No More warranty. Well like everyone knows Worry No More covers nothing. I called today and complained that the salesperson told me that the couch would be covered no matter what happened to it and that in itself was a misleading sales practice issue. (as a Chief Compliance officer I know a lot about sales practice issues). Long story short Macy's is refunding me the prorated cost of the worry no more policy. Live and Learn. Macy's is no better than Kmart, if I had bought this sofa at Nordstroms or even Costco I would be getting a free replacement. Macy's sells crap and does not stand behind anything. Spread the word.

15th of Sep, 2011

bought sofa and worry no more policy, totaling $4890.74 at MACY'S grandson wrote with ink pen on one of six sectional. When man came to (I thought clean at marks with special pen) they had tried to get me to wait for through mail for 3 weeks. He SPRAY PAINTED the sofa, we had to leave house for weekend because of fumes. Paint did not cover marks. so instead of replacing just that one section, company insisted on replacing all 6 pieces. I would now have to pay another $438 to have insurance on sofa. I am glad I did not because it would not cover structural defects, which is my problem now. A month ago the pull (to make recliner, Recline) on armless recliner broke. I called and was told it would be ordered, called last week was told it HAD been ordered, called Monday & I was told it is not covered so I am stuck with a recliner THAT WILL NOT RECLINE. I suggest anyone interested in furniture at MACY'S STOP AND THINK Helen B.

• Bu
      28th of Mar, 2011

And if you actually read your warranty, you'd see it's not a cleaning service. It's for when a stain happens. I know because I just read the warranty today. Try doing that next time.