Sreeleathers / Selling products under guise of scheme and later denying the gift

1 India Review updated:

I am a regular customer of Sreeleathers in Connaught Place, Delhi. The sales man there seeing our regular visit offered a scheme that if I purchase 12 items thirteenth item will be free. This offer was made on 04.04.2007. Accepting the offer I have asked him whether the purchase made on 25.03.2007 will also counted for the purpose. He and the Manager in the counter agreed for the same and asked me to bring the bills of March. Subsequently we have purchased another 4 items on the same day(4.4.07). As per scheme the purchases shall be within 0ne year period. On my scheme card it the validity period is mentioned up to 03.04.2008.

On 02.07.2007 we have once again visited the shop and selected a leather bag costing Rs.1799/- and came the counter with March bills to enter in the card and also to enter new purchase, of which bill was yet to be made. The Manager in the counter refused to enter March bills. When we have reminded him of our conversation, he flatly denied the promise. We understand that it was made just to force us to purchase more. Then we refused to purchase the selected bag and left the shop.

We feel the shop cheats the customers by giving such false schemes. Necessary action shall be taken against them under MRTP Act.

Comments

• Pa
      20th of Nov, 2007

I had bought two products from Sreeleathers earlier as it was recommended by a Kolkata friend of mine. But unfortunately, my recent experience highlighted something which has totally changed my opinion of them.

Sreeleathers is a big zero on customer service. I had bought a pair of shoes in June '07. I got around to finally wearing it in September. Within 3-4 days, the stitching on both the shoes came apart. As it was new, i rushed to them to replace it. To my surprise, I was told that the warranty time has elapsed and they can only repair them, which they will do in Kolkata and courier it to me taking only 8-10 days. I relented, though I could've got them repaired for Rs. 20-25 immediately from a good cobbler. its been 2 months and despite calling them almost 25 times, they are just stalling. Every time some uncouth sales person talks to me and tells me to wait. Even a personal visit is wasted.
    For products that are no great shakes for the money, they really have a matching lousy customer service. I don't think they will ever send my shoe back.

Is there a recourse. This behavior should be made known to the scores of people who throng their store, thinking they are getting a good deal. They should know what to expect from Sreeleathers, in case their lousy products are to be replaced or repaired.