Sports DirectItems did not arrive

I ordered some items on the 1st Dec thinking that they would arrive in time for Chritsmas, they did not and still have not. I contacted YODEL who informed me that they had been delivered and that my dispute was with Sports Direct. I eventually got through to them 45 minutes later and a costly 0845 call. I was told they would look into it. Three weeks later, nine emails later, two posted letters and 15 phone calls later I still got either an answer phone or no answer. UNTIL I rang [protected] as usual but requested 0 for reception and bypassed the totally incapable customer service team. The receptionist naively gave me the name of head of complaints:
Michelle Simpson : Extension: 2426. The COE is David Forsey and his PA is Lauren Rooke on Extension 2490. Eventually Michelle Simpson did answer the phone and after me totally throwing my toys out my pram did agree to look into it. I have to say as head of customer services she had little power or knowledge when dealing with such a complaint. She did however, come back to me later offering a refund but with no real explanation as to what had gone wrong. Anyway, I had also reported this to PAYPAL as that was my payment method. I have found them to be totally efficient and this evening saw that the money for the items has been refunded.
I suggest that if you have a similar problem that you bypass the queueing system with their customer services. Go directly to Michelle Simpson on [protected] Ext: 2426 or email her on michelle.[protected]@sportsdirect.com at least that way, as head of customer services she will see how inefficient her team are and may address the problem so there are less cases like mine.. Totally frustrating...

Sj
Jan 09, 2013

Comments

• De
      May 13, 2013

Thank you for this, I'm having the same problem so have just sent an email to Ms Simpson using the address you supplied. Hopefully I can get it sorted now. The SportsDirect customer services really are terrible, the experience has been enough to put me off using the shop for life.