Specialty Merchandise Corporation / Money stealing company

Specialty Merchandise Corporation
I joined SMC just before Christmas with the hope to make extra money. I was told that I would only be charged $40 to start then a web hosting fee. When I received my call from my business coach I was informed that I would have to buy gift cards in order to sell on the internet or I could upgrade and not have to sell gift cards. A few weeks later I up graded but low and behold I still had to give out the gift cards but I would get special credit I could use any way that I wanted. I then received another call a few days later from a woman telling me I needed to buy more gift cards for a promotion. I was hopeful so I did. However, I failed to put two and two together.

A couple of weeks prior I received e-mails from people requesting information, because, they wanted to shop on my sight. I sent gift card #'s to these people but instead of getting customers I started to get calls several times a day from companies trying to sell me hundreds of dollars in advertising. I was informed by these people that my sight was not listed on search engines so it would be impossible for anyone to find my web site. I declined the advertising but the calls kept coming.

I didn't realize that I was being scammed until I was placing an order with a gift card. I did not understand why I had to pay for the gift card and also pay for the merchandise that was being ordered. I called customer service and asked them why this was so, but they refused to help me. I informed them that I wanted my money but they said that the gift cards were nonrefundable. The first individual I spoke with was arrogant and rude when I asked to speak with his supervisor he stated his mama was his supervisor. I never did get any ware through phone conversations and when I did get someone else she said I could close my account but I would not get any money back.

I have since filed a complaint with the FBI internet fraud department IC3, I'm not sure if they can help in this matter but I'm hoping that if enough people complain to the right authorities that we can get this company shut down.

I'm very fortunate that I found the rip-off when I did otherwise I would have probably been out a lot more money.

A  31st of Aug, 2009 by
smc did it to me too. They did a unauthorized money transfer for 275.00 without our permission. If you are going to do any business with them DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY BANK INFORMATION. With out your permission they take money from your acct. and don't tell you. I am getting the run around trying to make them put the the unauthorized money back.
A  30th of Dec, 2009 by
I have to say I was very upset with as many call trying to get more money from me.They don't tell you everything up front. I know you have to spend money to make money but come on .3200 to have so many people a year to go to your site.. And people can't get to your site throw a search.. Shame on you SMC for not being honest...Not good buiness ...
N  25th of Feb, 2010 by
I too got rooked into SMC gift cards. When I called and tried to get my money back I was told that it was refundable after I was told I could cancel my account after 21 days if I wasn't satisfied... They have send me products that I never ordered and taken the money out of my account without my permission. Now I'm stuck with gift cards and candles that I can't use. Please if anyone can help let me know. Janet